Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick mention of a youngster that we may want to keep an eye on for the future.

Detroit Cass Tech won the Division 1 Football State Final on Saturday, over a very good Detroit Catholic Central football team. As many of you know, there are a couple guys headed for Michigan off that Cass Tech team, as well as one from Catholic Central.

Well, for future reference, you may want to keep the name of Jayru Campbell in the back of your minds. This youngster is only 14 years old and is the STARTING QUARTERBACK for Cass Tech. He is only a HS freshman. He tied a state record for touchdown passes in a Final this past Saturday. Some say he's a Michigan fan, but others say that is just speculation. Its way too early for this kid to be recruited, but it sounds like we may have another budding young QB here in the mitten.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• UFM and Dunn had their first talk. Will report any inside info if it's anything other than the mundane. Which I highly doubt.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My gut is telling me that he's sticking with OlieO.

No inside info or anything like that. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

• I don't think so Liney. I think he's been looking for a graceful way out of his commitment, because of the horrible shitheads that are fans of The Ohio (as wojo called them on twitter earlier tonight! HA!) and what happened to his buddy, Kyle Kalis.

IMO, he's made it clear by visiting the last two weeks, including visiting Michigan for the game....
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think Dunn stays south of the border. Meyer will tell him, as he did in yesterday's press conference, that his offense is all about I-formation downhill running. He'll be facing tremendous pressure to stay "loyal" to Ohio.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• He'll be facing tremendous pressure to stay "loyal" to Ohio.
              That's how Meyer is going to hit him with both barrels.

I think the key will be whether he still takes his official visit to Michigan. If he still takes his official, we've got a chance. If he cancels it, we're done.

Comment

• FWIW, I've read he has already submitted his admissions papers to M.

Comment

• Well, if that's true, I don't know why he'd even be talking to Meyer. He'd tell him its a done deal, and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by geo weidl View Post
                    FWIW, I've read he has already submitted his admissions papers to M.
                    Source/link?
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Posted on GBW:

Posted: 11/24/2011 11:38 AM
                      RE: Dunn....Did he??

what i've been told- Dunn has sent his paperwork to the UM admissions office.

we'll see if its true. things can change i suppose, but i dont think they will.

Comment

• Per TomVH (formerly of mgoblog). We are in Garnett's top 2 along with .... Stanford.

Comment

• If sent his paperwork to the admissions office means he applied, I would think that has been done for awhile. He's planning to enroll somewhere w/in two months.
                          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• He'll be facing tremendous pressure to stay "loyal" to Ohio.
                            It's simply a matter of convincing him that his heart is right. Whether UFM manages to do that, I dunno. Hope he does. The perfect storm already cost OSU Kalis and Stroebel. Thankfully, it's beautiful blue skies ahead.

Comment

• This is one aspect that Hoke and Meyer will be different.

Meyer will do whatever it takes.

Comment

• Tressel never negatively recruited. Of course, he didn't have to tout it himself -- others said it. Recruits, coaches...shit, RichGOD. Never carpet-bombed offers, either. Meh, whatever.

Ohio State is out of the kiddie pool. UFM is here. And I can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X