Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have any special insight into the Academics versus Football topic at Michigan. MSU went through something similar during the Saban era. To me it shouldn't be a mutually exclusive thing, football and basketball at major universities are in their purist essence: advertising. When the teams do good, the university benefits. Applications go up, donations go up. You should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.

College sports is about taking advantage of your strengths or the latest innovation. For a centruy Michigan had a huge advantage with the huge stadium. They have an advantage with their tradition. But you have to compete. Now it means you have to be active in the transfer portal. You have to sustain the energy HARBAUGH had early with his recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

I remember hearing on a sports show like a month ago, John U. Bacon said that Harbaugh AND Howard have gone to administration about how tough it is to get to people in from the transfer portal. Administration was like....that is cute but we don't care.
      This will be the competitive downfall for Michigan going forward. Other schools' administrations have recognized the advantages of having a great sports program, and how it brings a positive image to the school. Michigan still thinks 'its all about academics', and its really not, unless you're in the Ivy League. Now, if the objective is to get Michigan into the Ivy League, then maybe this approach is a good start.

But to compete with OSU, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, et al, you have to go all out with every advantage available. Michigan will never do that. Sometimes, I think they're afraid they will succeed.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Clemson is in the same boat because of Dabo.

Comment

• If this kid can get his head on straight, he could be a big help. He doesn't have a good history, but maybe he's learned his lesson.

I'm not counting on him, but he could be an icing on the cake sort of guy if he pans out.

Comment

• He's an edge rusher - think Hutchinson and Ajabo - and a definite need on a D that has to replace both those guys. 6' 5", 244. Lot's of hype about him. In M's D (assuming it plays the same fronts as 2021) he can play the 3 Tech or 5 Tech. According to the link, he's not been very productive anywhere he's been including Alabama and Houston and was dismissed from both of those teams apparently for academic reasons. Corum knows him from HS and speaks highly of him calling him a baller.

What's a mystery to me is how did M admissions greenlight this guy?
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• What's a mystery to me is how did M admissions greenlight this guy?
              Only thing I can think of is he must have had stellar academics last season. I don't know if M gives Harbaugh any so-called 'exception' players or not. I didn't see anywhere in the article that mentioned a scholarship.

Comment

• Recruit on visit to Ohio State commits to Michigan after The Game

https://www.audacy.com/wwjnewsradio/...tm_term=WWJ-AM
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Luke Hamilton, nation's No. 8 offensive tackle in 2024, commits to Michigan Wolverines

Comment

• Is he related to Brad Hamilton?
                    Attached Files
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Back-to-back CFP appearances should help recruiting, hopefully next class benefits. Maybe M needs to join everyone else doing NIL.

Comment

• That's another thing that needs to happen. M needs to start winning recruiting battles with O again. In Ohio especially.

Neither of these last two Ohio guys was high on osu's list, but M needs to start making its recruiting presence felt in Ohio again. Its been gone for too long.

Comment

• Well you have HARBAUGH!!!!!!! 2.0!!!!!!! HARBAUGH!!!!!!! on STEROIDS!!!!!!!
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'll be content if we can just have the Jim Harbaugh that got his team to the Super Bowl.

I'll leave the steroids for MSU.

Comment

• touchè
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                That's another thing that needs to happen. M needs to start winning recruiting battles with O again. In Ohio especially.

Neither of these last two Ohio guys was high on osu's list, but M needs to start making its recruiting presence felt in Ohio again. Its been gone for too long.

This is true and I've been down about Ohio winning those recruiting battles but look at where its gotten them. Ohio is deep with 5* talent. Those 5*'s don't always play with a chip on their shoulders like our guys did this weekend and last year during the game.

I'm not saying its not big to have that kind of talent but its not the end all either.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X