Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we are competing for Garnett with Stanford, then does that mean that the kid is practically a lock for Michigan? I'm sure stranger things have happened but it's hard to imagine a kid playing where they have trouble filling the stadium even when they are ranked.

Comment

• I would think that Stanford lost it's desirability with Harbaugh leaving.

Comment

• Rivals is perplexing. Diamond is a bit of project, but definitely top 150, IMO.

And their ranking of Dunn is perplexing. And the fact that both Rivals and Scout have Shell ahead of Dunn is perplexing.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Isn't rivals a similar outlier on Wormley?
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Five spots left.

Darboh, Diggs, Dunn, Wright, and Garnett would be an excellent finish.

Comment

• Not much inside scoop on where these kids will land other than what I get from TomVH, rivals, mgoblog... Tea leaves are positive for Garnett, he'd give M a dominant OL class. His tweets are very M oriented recently... I doubt there would be a 7th OL member in this class...

After him, M will take two WR's regardless. M should land at least one on the board and has a good chance of netting two of the three. I hold all three in high regard, Diggs is clearly a level more talented than the other two... After those three; there is a steep dip in talent to M's other receiver targets; guys like Powe, Mandaris, Chesson, etc...

We should know a lot more about Yuri Wright after his official visits, I think he's heading off to Colorado, Auburn & Florida...

Ditto for Bri'onte Dunn after he talks with Urban more, I like M's position for him as Dunn much prefers a pro style offense. Wes Brown would be a good fallback option, that is if Brown isn't a Cane... After those two, M probably won't take another back and instead use that ship on another OL, CB or TE...

Waiting on Taylor McNamara to take his official visit to AA, that is if he even does. After that visit, we'll know a lot more about both McNamara & Brown... Don't know much about McNamara yet, I'll obviously study him more after he shows more interest in M.
              Last edited by WM Wolverine; November 30, 2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• And of those five, here's my gut on likelihood of getting them.

100% Wright

80% Darboh

50% Diggs

40% Dunn

20% Garnett
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I've got M as 13 four/five stars right now, without P Brown... Most recruiting services have M at about 12 with rivals I think having the least. I tend to look at the rankings of all the recruiting services but form my own opinion based upon their highlights, game film and others opinions who've seen them play.

Comment

• Interesting fact from Sam Webb this morning re: Dunn and Meyer

Meyer has never had a 1,000 yard rusher. Ten seasons as a head coach. Not a single 1000-yard rusher.

Comment

• Hope Hoke points that out to Dunn when next they meet.

I know Hoke had a 1000 yard rusher at SDSU (Hillman) and now 2 at UM. Don't know if he had any at BSU.
                      Last edited by Mackenzie; November 30, 2011, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Well, you can count on the fact that he won't shit talk Dunn about Urban Meyer. I like this guy more all the time:

Comment

• Me too, Jack.

It makes me ashamed that I ever opposed his hiring at Michigan.

And, he's right. Michigan really doesn't need to go the route of negative recruiting. There are enough positives about the University of Michigan and the football tradition, that he doesn't really need to go negative.

He's a classy guy, and I'm proud he is now becoming the face of Michigan football.
                          Last edited by lineygoblue; November 30, 2011, 02:28 PM.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• DeAnthony Arnet WR rumored to be transferring from Tennessee... He was pretty productive as a true freshman; UT 3rd leading receiver...

He'd have to sit out in '12 before he could play in '13... Timing isn't good for us as M is really full on scholarships, if he were able to wait till after the spring semester M could bring him without being limited to the cap of 28...

Comment

• Amara Darboh (4*, from Iowa) expected to announce in a couple weeks.

Comment

• Would Arnett count against our schollie limit if he has to sit out a year?

Comment

Working...
                                X