Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They just got another kid from ohio. A OL named Ben Roebuck from Cleveland (?) St. Edwards. He's considered a 4 star, and has been leaning M for a while. I didn't notice if OSU wanted him or not. Probably not.

M is supposedly in on a couple more OL from Texas who have been trending to M.

I honestly think that this is where M needs to keep focusing. Build and maintain that flow of talent on the OL and DL. The talent we've had on the OL is the reason why guys like Haskins, Corum and Edwards have had running lanes. The DL talent is why M is generating pressure in opposing offensive backfields. I still believe that games are won in the trenches.

I've been watching some M video from the past two seasons, and the program is starting to look a lot like what the 49ers looked like when they went to the SB.

Now if they can just beat Texas Tech.

Roebuck info
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They didn’t want Roebuck (or the other kid from Cleveland M has). They’re in on the two twins from the same team that are just as big. I’m sorta meh on all the Ed’s kids, but, still, that’s a HS offensive line!!
      Last edited by iam416; March 22, 2023, 05:56 PM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• St. Eds must be a clearinghouse of Ohio talented football players. They just keep churning them out. From where I stand, they seem to be tougher than Cincinnati Moeller.

Comment

• They’re better than Moeller. Last two years, Moeller lost to Springfield and then Ed’s beat Springfield.

Ed’s OL is fucking ginormous.

And, yes, they’re a private school that gets a lot of the best players in the Cleveland area.

Comment

• Ed’s beat Moeller last year 6-0 in Cincinnati. I’m sure they play again this year in Cleveland.

Comment

• That's one Ohio HS game I'd like to see in person. I'd have to hide my car at Paul S's house and have him drive, tho .. I don't want my tires slashed.

Comment

• That's not a problem anywhere in Ohio, but certainly not in Cleveland nor Cincinnati.

It'll be a really good game. They should play twice if Moeller doesn't fuck it up again in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  St. Eds must be a clearinghouse of Ohio talented football players. They just keep churning them out. From where I stand, they seem to be tougher than Cincinnati Moeller.
                  St. Ignatius is the other big Catholic football power in the Cleveland area and St. Ed's used to be the "little brother" of the two. But in recent years Ed's has had the upper hand.

Igantius just had their longtime coach retire. Dude had been there like 50 years.

Comment

• Yeah, Ed's has been the better team for about a decade now. Ed's is the dominant program in D1, though they are never automatic to win it. They're not like a couple small schools -- small PUBLIC schools -- that win every fucking year.

If Pickerington Central was well-coached they'd be a constant threat to beat Ed's. They can match their talent. But their offense is third world horseshit. Sorry. I know that stings your Fairfield County bitch ass.

Comment

• Michigan just picked up a Juco transfer linebacker. Vernon Tucker. No idea if he's any good.

Comment

• Bad grades; team cancer.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Yeah, Ed's has been the better team for about a decade now. Ed's is the dominant program in D1, though they are never automatic to win it. They're not like a couple small schools -- small PUBLIC schools -- that win every fucking year.

If Pickerington Central was well-coached they'd be a constant threat to beat Ed's. They can match their talent. But their offense is third world horseshit. Sorry. I know that stings your Fairfield County bitch ass.
                          lol, Pick Central's longtime coach just left too. Maybe the new guy can watch some old Woody Hayes game film and update the offense a bit.

Columbus area schools are pretty much the only public schools capable of winning D1 anymore.

Comment

• Jaydn Davis 5* QB, '24 announcing a decision on March 31st...

Comment

• I hope he chooses Michigan.

Comment

• LOL. 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X