Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He was a mizzou commit but he just decommited the other day. I think I heard coaches were in school with him recently.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Apparently Missouri, Nebraska, Auburn, Iowa and M is his top 5...

Comment

• If Dunn cancelled his official to Michigan, I don't think he is coming here. No info to give, just a gut feeling. Most kids leaning towards a school don't cancel official visits.

Comment

• Greg Garmon is probably one name you could add to the recruiting board as a Plan B type RB though he's assumed to be close to a NC lock.

Comment

• Dunn's been at AA twice in the past couple weekends and has had an assistant coach visit him recently. Another visit to M wasn't as likely as a visit to Columbus.

Comment

• Michigan currently ranked #2 class of '12 at rivals.com.

Comment

• Dunn could easily take officials to both places. The fact that he cancelled an already scheduled trip tells me that the Meyer hire changed his mind. He's going OSU, which is what he really wanted to do in the first place.

Comment

• As I said above, I agree with WM on this one. It's more of a sign that he's still genuinely interested in OSU (which, depending who you read or listen to, wasn't the case a few weeks ago).
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• To add to that, here's what a fairly conservative OSU insider thinks on OSU recruits:

Kyle Dodson: OUTLOOK: EXTREMELY LIKELY.
                    Se'Von Pittman: OUTLOOK: EXTREMELY LIKELY.
                    Jordan Diamond: OUTLOOK: STRONG MAYBE.
                    Cyrus Jones: OUTLOOK: MAYBE.
                    Brionte Dunn: OUTLOOK: MAYBE.

I mean, he thinks Diamond is more likely for OSU than Dunn. So, I'd very much say it's still 50/50, though there might be a slight OSU trend. Tough to say.

Comment

• I'm just going on my own gut. Dunn was 100% Michigan with the turmoil in Columbus. Meyer ends the turmoil and is a huge name. OSU w/Meyer is 100 times more interesting to a recruit that OSU w/Fickell.

Meyer will tell Dunn that he will rush for 10,000 yards and 275 TD's in his offense and Dunn will sign.

Comment

• I think Meyer will say whatever is necessary, to keep Dunn out of Ann Arbor. Won't matter how he plans to use him in his offense. Its more important to keep an "ohio" kid at home.

It was worth a shot, though. We started out with absolutely no chance of even a visit, .. to getting him on campus several times, and making him waver before finally giving in.

No pun intended, but I think its a done deal. He will be ohio.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• In other news, Michigan made an offer to Kyle Kalis' teammate and No. 34 tight end nationally Sam Grant (6-6, 240). He is currently committed to Boston College, but Michigan coaches met with him recently, and made the offer. I don't think they'd make an offer if they didn't think that they had no shot at all at him. It will be a positive sign if he visits.

This is apparently an offer that was made to make up for the de-commitment of Pharaoh Brown.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Purely speculative to say he does this but it would be interesting to have a conversation with a coach like turbin and find out how much attention he pays to keeping a recruit like Dunn out of the line-up of a major competitor like M.

My gut tells me that furbin puts a VERY HIGH value on keeping Dunn off the M roster. He's a hugely competitive guy by his nature. He's operated at a high level in all his past gigs ...... the SEC is a competitive league to say the least. Recruits count. He battled Bowden and FSU (and one most of those battles). He gets it and he gets the M/osu rivalry.

But when I check my M gear and viewpoint at the door, I have to wonder if my gut is right. If you look at the other side of it, there's a sort of brotherhood among coaches that is pretty important to them (we often think it produces a lot of dumb outcomes). Inside the brotherhood there's a lot of respect and when you disrespect, you lose that respect.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff I'd think the scholarship limit would put the kibosh on recruiting to keep a player from another coach.

There just aren't enough schollies to recruit anything but your guys.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• There may something to this being UFM's first battle with Hoke. There's no question M has gone after Dunn with everything. So, winning that might be a shot across the bow.

That said, there's limited space in this class, and the list of guys they have lining up to visit is insane. It's flabbergasting. And RB isn't a huge need position for OSU. So, it wouldn't make sense to stick it to M at the expense of a highly touted recruit at a position of need.

Dunn is really good. Between the tackles he's awesome. He's not on the Chris Wells/Maurice Clarett level -- but he's right below that. And that's really good.

Edit* -- SLF says it more succinctly and better than I.

Comment

Working...
                                X