This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    But when I check my M gear and viewpoint at the door, I have to wonder if my gut is right. If you look at the other side of it, there's a sort of brotherhood among coaches that is pretty important to them (we often think it produces a lot of dumb outcomes). Inside the brotherhood there's a lot of respect and when you disrespect, you lose that respect.
    Meyer took several public shots at Michigan in 2006. He doesn't give a shit who he pisses off or disrespects.

Comment

• I agree that the old days where Woody, Bo and Duffy carried 150+ guys on scholarship just so they could keep a talented player away from the other guy, are over. You do have to be careful with the scholarships you are allotted.

However, in the case of Dunn, this is a guy who Urbie knows that Michigan wants, and he technically already has him. They've already made space for him in their scholarship allotment for this year. For Urbie to come in and close out Michigan's chances with Dunn would show that the "new sheriff" has arrived, and that he is mending the "wall" around ohio. I think that is important to him, in the eyes of coaches and players throughout ohio.

That being said, and going forward, Hoke will get his fair share of good players out of ohio.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Kalis was contacted by meyer and gave him a polite no thanks I'm solid with Blue. The pressure is on meyer to keep Dunn a schmucknut.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          I agree that the old days where Woody...

Woody was an excellent recruiter for both Parseghian & Devine. If he couldn't close on a kid looking at both ND & UM...he would always push the kid towards ND.

Comment

• You guys need to stop being such bitches. Dunn is blue.

Comment

• I wish I could be as confident as you are, Oracle.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't see a basis for either school to be particularly confident wrt Dunn.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Agreed, its a coin-flip; since JT's resignation (oh, he retired?) its always been a 2-team race and it looks like it'll be a close one. Urban certainly helps OSU catch up...

re: Pittman - He was 'settling' for MSU when he went there; he limited his options early to only M, OSU & MSU. He was an easy flip for OSU as he was M's if M wanted him but passed on him. He's one I wished M didn't pass on but I like Mario Ojemudia more than most and see him being similar in talent.

Comment

• Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't care less where Dunn ends up. How many times have people fawned over four and five star recruits just to watch them become buried on the depth chart and passed over by someone who came out of obscurity. He would be a nice get, but it's not like the future of Michigan football hangs in the balance. Anyone here remember Kevin Grady? Yeah that was a can't miss prospect too.

Comment

• Armani Reeves CB (4*) back on the recruiting board, not sure what triggered this but he's setting up a visit to AA soon. Odd to be in on both Yuri Wright and Reeves and already have 4 DB's in this class.

Comment

• Can't say I was one who fawned over Grady; he beat up on lousy competition and running over sub 200 lb defenders attempting to arm tackle him. He had a very good HS o-line at East Grand Rapids and usually had a hole to get to the second level...

His highlights never impressed me and imo HS highlights for running backs are the most telling of any.

Comment

• WM:

Does M see Strobel as a DT or strong-side/run-stopping DE? The reason I ask is your comment about passing on Pittman -- which M did. Most folks here would rate Pittman as the better DE -- certainly as an edge rusher.

Comment

• They recruited and offered him as a SDE; with M's 5-man front (M's SAM is an end on rushing downs), M isn't looking for a significant difference in its SDE & 3-tech; both guys they want in the 280 - 300 lb range. Actually both are considered 'tackles' in Mattison's terminology for this set 4-3 under set...

With Chris Wormley, Tom Strobel and Matthew Godin (all SDE/3-tech types); M is strong at both outside 'tackle' spots and have Ondre Pipkens inside at NT... At WDE they have just Mario Ojemudia but I'd like to have Pittman there too...

re: Class of '13 isn't going to be a strong one in-state, the talent in the midwest is in Ohio, Illinois and even Indiana has some talent. M will need to recruit nationally and beat their midwest rivals (OSU, ND, etc.) in head-to-head recruiting battles. Filling needs (like Shane Morris) will be more important than landing blue chippers at every position.

Comment

• Thanks. That's what I thought re Strobel (and Wormley, for that matter).

DL won't be a strength, IMO, in Ohio in 2013. This was the year for DL in Ohio.

Comment

• M doesn't employ a standard 4-man front so they don't want a standard SDE that can get to the passer, they prefer a SDE more like Strobel/Wormley who can get beat his OL and disrupt the running game... M's pressure will come from the WDE, SAM and one of the LB/safeties (Kovacs) blitzing.

Comment

Working...
                                X