Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably going to work on having a '13 recruiting board up sometime at the end of December... There won't be many names but it'll mostly be kids that M's offered and have shown genuine interest in M (taking an visit to AA)...

Comment

• "I am struggling to understand how this relates to the 'level playing field' the NCAA claims it is always working to create."

Sounds to me like Brandon is merely letting them know that their hypocrisy is showing.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• And your point is...

Comment

• I don't have a problem w/Brandon's email or the public release of the fact that he wrote it.

osu cheats. Massively and without regard to ethical boundaries the enforcement organizations with limited tools to enforce and that relie on member institutions to behave try to set.

osu has done a good job of changing the recent dialogue that was properly hammering them. Brandon is simply redirecting the spot light on the shit they continue to pull.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Well, they do have a bit of an advantage right now. They have a HC who doesn't have to do any sort of game preparation at all for the bowl game. Instead, he can focus fully on recruiting. Meanwhile, their upcoming opponent's coaching staff has to measure their time carefully between game preparation and recruiting, .. like everyone else.

I don't see this as a "tremendous" advantage, but its a loophole that OlieO is exploiting to its fullest. It could help them down the road in recruiting.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• OSU's gonna cheat; that's how it is. Instead of whining about it, like Brandon did, Hoke should be the one creating UM's response. Which is that they're gonna do what they're gonna do and we don't trouble ourselves with their shenanigans but are focused instead on beating their ass and taking the high road. Long-term, that's the way. Not Brandon's weeny way.

Comment

• I think Brandon did it because he didn't want Brady to HAVE to be the fall guy in this. Brady can go on and keep prepping the team, and Brandon can be the magnet for the brickbats that will come his way. Its an uncharacteristically gallant move on his part ...
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  I think Brandon did it because he didn't want Brady to HAVE to be the fall guy in this. Brady can go on and keep prepping the team, and Brandon can be the magnet for the brickbats that will come his way. Its an uncharacteristically gallant move on his part ...
                  I agree with that, it allows Hoke to continue his almost no comment stance on all the other teams other than "oh, I won't talk about that other stuff...but they got a heck of a football team." DB did what he should have done, questioned how they can be allowed to bend/break the rules while under investigation for that same thing.
                  2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Not that it's a big deal at all, but Hoke can handle this stuff just fine and already did, having addressed it skillfully in his recent presser. And, without it coming off like whining. Hoke's got great gamesmanship in his arsenal. Brandon does not.

Comment

• It's not whining. It's telling the NCAA we aren't as stupid as you obviously presume we are. The Poster Child for Compliance is the favored son of Mark Emmert and the NCAA.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• ........ Also, more fuel to fire a previously moribund rivalry.

CHEATERS.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• This, however, would seem to be NCAA officially sanctioned cheating. Unlike the other cheating, which is only tacitly sanctioned by the NCAA's inability to actually punish anyone for breaking the rules.

Comment

• I wouldn't cal it gallant, Lines. Brandon excels at keeping himself in the spotlight. Sure, it takes some heat off of Hoke for a response, but like I implied in my first post with the moniker "Diamond Dave", he just can't get enough of the lime light.

Comment

• I've already addressed all this in the other thread but it should be repeated here:

1) OSU was NOT granted any sort of special waiver. The NCAA grants this waiver all the time. Just last year Miami won a waiver when they hired Al GOlden, Illinois has requested a waiver so Tim Beckman can begin recruiting, and yes, MICHIGAN was granted the very same waiver when Rich Rod was hired.

2) Meyer is still subject to the dead period which is set to begin Dec. 19th.

3) OSU isn't allowed to put together an entire staff any more than Michigan was allowed to in late 2007.

4) It's not cheating, plenty of schools have done it, including Michigan. Neither Brandon no Hoke are very well versed in the rules if they think the waiver is unprecedented or highly unusual. That, or they know it's kosher, but a part of Michigan's success going forward relies upon smearing OSU every chance they get in order to win over recruits. Thus the implications that OSU is somehow cheating, even when the NCAA sanctions the behavior and the behavior went on at Michigan within the last 5 years.

Comment

• Report coming out that Dunn will be visiting M next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X