Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruits can call coaches anytime as far as I know.

Comment

• Not talking about this site, but man ... there are so many Michigan fans in total meltdown this morning over Dunn .. you'd think that OlieO just came back to Michigan Stadium and beat us by 50 points ...

You know, .. if Urban Meyer becomes "big" at OlieO, a lot of it will be because many Michigan fans put him on that pedestal to begin with.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I've said it several times....as b/t OSU and M it is NOT a zero sum gain. Both programs can be elite at the same time. I think you and I are of the same mind on this, Liney. IMO, you can't worry about other programs from being really good. Worry about your own program being elite. I'm thrilled about UFM and think he will be hugely sucsessful. But I know for damn sure he can't stop Hoke from making M hugely successful.

TBH, I think the B10 is heading toward Delaney's dream (and my nightmare) scenario where OSU and M play in back-to-back weeks with some regularlity. I can't even really imagine being 12-0 and having to beat M TWO straight times to get to the BCS Title game, but that's a scenario I could see unfolding in the relatively near future.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Agree iam. UFM hurts State and Wiscy much more than UM IMO.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think the B10 is heading toward Delaney's dream (and my nightmare) scenario where OSU and M play in back-to-back weeks with some regularlity.
            And I think that should NOT happen. When Michigan and OlieO meet in the final game of the regular season, once that game is over, anything between the two teams should be SETTLED for the year, at that point. NO additional game to determine the conference champion. Win, and you move on to the CCG. Lose, and you're out, and bound for another lesser bowl game. That's why Michigan and OlieO should be in the SAME division, not opposing divisions.

I appreciate Delany's advocacy of the B1G, but in this case he's dead wrong. The B1G should be divided into a true East/West geographic configuration, and then let the chips fall where they may.

Liney's Simplified and Common Sense Big Ten Configuration.

Big Ten East
            OlieO
            Michigan
            Penn State
            Michigan State
            Indiana
            Purdue

Big Ten West
            Wisconsin
            Iowa
            Nebraska
            Northwestern
            Illinois
            Minnesota
            Last edited by lineygoblue; December 14, 2011, 11:01 AM.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Thanks for the response on the dead period, but what are the rules of engagement after the dead period?

Comment

• Liney:

Agree 100000%. The fact that the Bobcats and M aren't in the same divison is preposterous. The fact that there aren't East/West division is crazy. We all f'n know it should have been MSU, M, PSU, OSU, Indiana, Purdue. And we could have avoided the asstarded division names we were stuck with. Meh. It is what it is.

Geo:

Contact is normal after January 3 either the last weekend before signing day or the weekend before that. Recruits take OVs; you can call and harrangue; text; all that good stuff. So, the big periods for OVs are from season's end to the weekend of this upcoming weekend and then 3 or 4 weekends in January.

Comment

• Look at the lack of enthusiasm for the Alabama-LSU matchup.

An OSU-Michigan rematch isn't going to be the boon that everyone thinks. Especially if OSU and UM have clinched a spot in that game before The Game (as would have been the case in 2006).

Comment

• thanks

Comment

• An OSU-Michigan rematch isn't going to be the boon that everyone thinks. Especially if OSU and UM have clinched a spot in that game before The Game (as would have been the case in 2006).
                      And that's the thing -- if these teams are entering The Game undefeated in conference play, then they've clinched. Even if they have 1 loss, they're likely in a good position. It's just ridiculous.

Comment

• Bummer about Dunn, but respect due -- he seems to have handled it well. That said, it'll be fun kicking his ass. Fitz is great and there will be others.

Comment

• Dunn made a heart over head decision. He has been looking for a reason to go to Ohio. He grew up an Ohio fan. Good for him. Urban told him what he wanted to hear and that's that.

Comment

• Clearly following one's heart to Columbus signifies very questionable taste, but one can respect remaining true for sentimental reasons.

Comment

• Putting myself in his situation, it would be hard to turn down U-M to go to OSU, even if doing so may be better for me personally.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I would think so but if I was going to become a vet, I'd have no problem going to State. I wish him the best but, I think it's a colossally bad decision.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X