Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That said, zettel made a great decision when he turned down his first love Michigan to go to Penn State and look what happened?
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Know telling what will happen going forward. I'm glad there is some fire back in The Game and stuff like this just heats it up more.

Some of the best behind the scenes battles between Bo and Woody involved recruiting kids from ohio. We just never heard much about it because it didn't get the press hype it does now. Woody, I am told, threw chairs and punched holes in walls when Bo would get a kid from ohio. Didn't matter if Woody had an eye on him or not to play for osu but it pissed him off when ever Bo got an ohio kid to play for Michigan. This stuff runs deep. Glad to see it return.

The comment about being a Vet above (I assume Veterinarian) ..... is that what Dunn wants to do? Or is that just a joke? If true, osu has one of the top vet schools in the nation. That would be a no brainer for him to pursue that there.
      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 14, 2011, 01:44 PM.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dunn was never really "ours". He was a OlieO commit who was having some serious second thoughts. Meyer came along, and apparently put those second thoughts to rest. Maybe one day we'll know what it was that eventually solidified his commitment to OlieO. In the grand scheme, it really won't matter. Dunn will likely only face Michigan 4 times, and he's going to have to deal with a team that is in transition to a new offense. Michigan will move on with other people, and I daresay that we'll find a couple good RB's over the next few recruiting seasons.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Maybe one day we'll know what it was that eventually solidified his commitment to OlieO.
          I don't there's much of a mystery to that. Fickell kept OSU in the game, but UFM was what solidified his commitment -- and I'd call it more than that -- UFM got him to commit to OSU.

A lot was made about "offenses" and such, but at the end of the day, you're casting your lot with the program you feel most comfortable with in terms of players, coaches, the direction the program is going and probably a host of other things (if it were primarily about offenses, Dunn would be in Madison where he'd rush for 2,500 yards a year). UFM got him there.

This recruitment also opened my eyes up to the difference b/t Tressel's soft sell and UFM's more aggressive approach. Interesting contrast.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• (jeff I assume Dunn wants to be a pro football player. I was only making a point that Where careers are concerned you should pick with your head.)
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• David Perkins, a RB/DB from South Bend may be coming in this weekend for an official visit. I'll see if I can link his highlights here. As noted on another site, maybe he plays bad competition, but his highlight film is awesome. He's got great size (6'3" 230) and seems to be pretty quick.

http://http://www.hudl.com/athlete/645519/david-perkins#.Tuj3l0LSEMQ.email
              Last edited by lineygoblue; December 14, 2011, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• South Bend, WA just to be clear.

Comment

• Oops ... I thot it was South Bend IN...

Thanks Dennis.

Comment

• It is South Bend, Indiana...I think Washington is his HS name. This according to rivals anyways.

Comment

• Well, we'll keep trying until we get it right ... heh

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I can't even really imagine being 12-0 and having to beat M TWO straight times to get to the BCS Title game, but that's a scenario I could see unfolding in the relatively near future.
                        That's my fear, reversed.
                        Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Me too. I would think more often than not the undefeated team really ends up at a disadvantage. You have to beat the same team twice to remain that way. And if the one-loss team is down far enough in the stupid BCS rankings, winning merely gets them a shot at a BCS bowl, not the BCS championship.

Of course, that may all change with a new format, but who knows.

Comment

• The TV networks wouldn't have paid anywhere near as much for the title game if you put the three biggest draws in the East; M, Ohio & PSU.

Comment

• Well, this year, the CCG didn't include any of them.

Comment

• That will be the exception.

Comment

Working...
                                X