X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. A "V" reference.

Never thought I'd see that.

Comment

• Back to recruiting, Jehu Chesson WR to decide on the 21st/22nd; down to Iowa, M and NW.

Comment

• Recruiting board:

RB: David Perkins (ND decommit)...
        WR: Jehu Chesson (announces tomorrow or Thursday; M vs Iowa vs NW), Jordan Payton (Cal lean)...
        OL: Joshua Garnett (M vs ND, Stanford), Jordan Diamond (OSU lean), Alex Kozan (Auburn confident) & Evan Boehm (Auburn lean)...
        TE: Sam Grant (vs BC, Ark)...
        CB: Yuri Wright (M vs ND, Colorado), Armani Reeves (M vs PSU)...

Comment

• I've read that Perkins has academic issues.

Comment

• Any chance that Brionte Dunn is back in play how that he has no chance of playing in a bowl game his freshman year and his new coach lied to him that there would be no extra punishment?

Comment

• My feeling is urbie would redshirt him anyway, thus giving him his four years with bowl games.

Comment

• No idea on how this affects Dunn without hearing quotes from him... M isn't fighting Ohio for many recruits other than Jordan Diamond, this 'might' help M there...

So far Hoke has stayed far away from academic issues; Pittman, Burbridge. If M takes him, he's solid academically though Domers are saying academics have kept him away from them while Perkins says his preference for the RB position is why he decommitted.

Comment

• To hell with Dunn, there are plenty of RB's nationally Hoke & Co., get after it.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• WM, in your opinion does Texas have a slight edge of M for the #1 class overall?
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 20, 2011, 03:16 PM.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Class ranking doesn't mean much other than bragging rights, M won't have the #1 class unless they finish with a flourish; five (5) more 4-stars and sign the max of 28...

Signing the max of 28 is important as the amount of commits helps the classes ranking. Getting to 28 recruits without a reach or two might be an issue.

Comment

• Scout ranks classes based on your top 25. So, an additional 3 helps, but not if they're middling players -- almost zero impact.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Exactly, but those extra 3 replace your bottom 3; for M they have a FB/RB in Siona Houma, 2-star Drake Johnson just upgraded to 3-stars and Jeremy Clark (gray shirt turned 3-star)...

Rivals does much the same, only 'counts' the top 22-25 or so.

Comment

• Right. So a 4* replaces a 2*. Smaller gain.

But, Texas has #1 wrapped up. I'd expect M to drop a bit, personally, as the Southern Schools swing into full-on recruiting mode.

Comment

• I'm not following Texas' class or the class rankings much. With a strong finish, M should sustain its position in the top 4-7...

Likely behind programs like Texas, Alabama and right around Florida State, Florida, Oklahoma, Ohio and LSU... The order will more be determined more by who signs the most and has the most scholarships available than who had the best class... A top 5-7 class is really good for M, they just need to follow it up with another elite class in '13 because the '11 recruiting class was really lousy imo.

Comment

• Yeah. You can afford a bad class if it's only 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X