Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be logical, just look at the bottom line. How much money has been raised/donated under his watch for the Athletic Dept. He gets/takes credit, right or wrong. Until the big money guys say "no mas", he'll stay in place.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• There are plenty of AD's with integrity, Smith is not among them, that's his "job security".
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Don't be logical, just look at the bottom line. How much money has been raised/donated under his watch for the Athletic Dept. He gets/takes credit, right or wrong. Until the big money guys say "no mas", he'll stay in place.
        According to an "insider" -- and I believe him -- Smith sent out an e-mail yesterday to "big donors" and BoT members explaining things. It was not well-received. My understanding is that amongst this relatively small group of folks, he received numerous less than courteous replies -- and by less than courteous, I mean making a longshoreman blush. Fingers crossed -- he's done.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not. Cheating. Enough. Outta there...

Comment

• Yes, that's it. Another valuable contribution.

WM:

Apologies for sidetracking recruiting forum.

Question -- does M feel pretty good about poaching Reeves from PSU?

Comment

• Jehu Chesson announces today. Meh.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Is he going to be M? I know he's not Diggs, but is he still a quality WR? Don't know much about him.

Comment

• Meh 3 star on rivals. Supposedly has raw size and speed. Almost certainly choosing "M" over Iowa and Northwestern.

Comment

• Thanks. And here I thought Coach Fickell had horded all the meh 3* WR recruits in the midwest.

Comment

• Gunner Kiel is reportedly going to choose...

LSU

Comment

• Allen Trieu

Michigan gets a commitment from Ladue Horton Watkins (Mo.) WR Jehu Chesson.

In regards to kiel, I had read this morning that he was heading to nd for some reason.

Comment

• Well, at least he's tall, and WR is definitely a position of need.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Chesson is more than a 'meh' prospect; he's rated as a high 3-star or 4-star among most all recruiting services; his highlights are pretty impressive.

He doesn't have elite speed or athletic ability but has plenty of both to go with his good size. He's more Junior Hemingway than Daryl Stonum in athletic ability. I've been liking him more and more after seeing more of him after hearing reports from his senior season, he'll stay as a strong 3-star at most recruiting sites...

re: Armani Reeves... M will know a lot more if he takes another visit to AA, if he does M is pretty serious in recruiting him and not just taking him as a Plan B type in case Yuri Wright goes elsewhere. Carmen Williams LB was a guy I liked quite a bit early in the recruiting process but M filled up on LB'ers so fast that they couldn't take him.

Comment

• re: Yuri Wright; supposedly 'amazed' by visit to ND. He was pretty impressed at his first visit to AA too but not quite amazed. M will get another chance with Yuri Wright when he visits Jan 13th; a huge visit weekend for M with a majority of the top recruits left on the board recruiting taking an official that weekend.

Comment

• Nobody really wanted Braylon Edwards either. He was a 3 star.

No, I'm not saying Yuri Wright is going to be another Braylon.

I'd settle for another Jason Avant.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X