Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kozan is likely headed for Auburn from what I've heard, I think M is waiting on Garnett for its last spot on the OL. After that, they'd take either Jordan Diamond or Kozan; neither of which are very likely at this point...

Looks like M won't take Perkins after sniffing his transcripts...

I believe they'd take both corners but it'll be difficult to land either.

Comment

• I've heard Perkins will likely qualify. But, yeah, that's an issue.

I've also heard Arky is real player for Kozan, too. But, whatever -- I don't really care what SEC school a Plan C OG chooses.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Shutdown Corners are a real need, Miller will be much better next season. We need CB's under Mattison's tutelage as soon as possible.
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 22, 2011, 09:55 AM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Looks like M won't take Perkins after sniffing his transcripts...
          Makes me wonder why ND was after him. If they knew his transcripts were iffy, he would have never gotten in.

I knew there must be some reason why Michigan didn't go after him before. Even with Dunn in play, Perkins was at least worth a look, from a purely talent level, that is.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Qualify, yes but both ND and M will have passed on him due to academics...

Kozan is a solid OL prospect, certainly not a huge upside but he's a kid from Colorado that is getting attention nationally.

Comment

• Here's a good assessment of why I'm not that high in Chesson:

"He has good speed, but his ability to be a deep threat will be based more on his ability to high-point passes and outjump defenders. He also does an excellent job of catching the ball with his hands, rather than in his body.

For all his positives, though, Chesson doesn't look like an elusive runner after the catch. He stops his feet on contact and often gets knocked backward. He's just not a quick-twitch athlete with the ability to change direction quickly. He'll be able to exploit a seam if there is one because he has decent straight-line speed, but I won't be expecting him to dance his way downfield after catching short passes. He needs to add size and should end up at a smidge over 200 lbs. He also needs to refine his route-running skills, because he tends to drift to certain areas of the field without trying to set up defensive backs."
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Sounds a lot like Adrian Arrington to me, going off that.

Comment

• He does resemble AA. Guess that ain't so bad.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• He's 6'3", he's a 'big' receiver, not a Percy Harvin or even Mario Manningham type. Think more in term of Greg Mathews or Adrian Arrington. Those guys are more valuable than speedsters who can't catch.

Comment

• Let's not forget, he is still in high school.
                      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'd like to match my 6'3" receiver with good speed, hands against the B10's 5'10"'ish corners.

Comment

• I don't understand that either, WM .. but defensive coaches do that all the time. They put the short quick guys on tall fast receivers. Not sure what the theory is other than they'd rather have speed on the corners so they can catch up if they get burned.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Actually, he sounds a lot like Braylon Edwards. If you watch his video, he kinda looks like him too, the way he goes up to get the ball at it's highest point. Of course, that is against high-school midgets, so we'll see how he does in college.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                              Let's not forget, he is still in high school.
                              And to me, this is the best point about recruiting in general. These guys can come with all sorts of skill sets, body types, etc., but until they hit a big time CFB program with training tables, S&C, coaching, etc, you just don't really know what you have.

That's why I hope M gets back to the point where they can redshirt a lot of their recruits. It helps so much.

Comment

• Armani Reeves will visit M, competition is ND & PSU. I felt Reeves 'settled' for PSU only after M filled up with Anthony Standifer and Armani would've ended up at M. Standifer (who didn't perform too well in camps from what I've heard) isn't in this class anymore due to marginal academics...

M is competing with ND for both Yuri Wright and Armani Reeves; I really like both of them. Both are superior talents to Richardson and the departed Standifer so both would be terrific additions at an area of need. Getting at least one of the two is a need.

Comment

Working...
                                X