Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diggs is a headache anyway, quite a few major programs backed off of him...

I don't have a strong preference for either Wright or Reeves, but M needs one of the two. Really like the talent level of both so I'd love to land both. Be more than a little surprised if Wright makes his decision this Saturday before visiting Ann Arbor on the 13th.

Comment

• Garnett was seen wearing Michigan garb a few days ago. When asked if that indicated that Michigan had a slight lead over the others, he said "Yes". So, we're not on the outside looking in. And, he still has a visit scheduled. I have a lot of confidence in Michigan's medical school to impress him sufficiently.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Same here, M is in the drivers seat with Garnett and has a chance to add to it when he takes another visit.

Comment

• Losing Dunn is not as big a deal as flipping and keeping Kalis. People are overreacting to the Dunn announcement.

Comment

• And everyone (especially ohio fans) can put to rest any thought of Kalis flipping. He's going to Ann Arbor, period. In an interview with Mike Farrell, Kalis said that Meyer has been trying to flip him, but its not happening. In fact, Kalis now says he's no longer answering Meyer's phone calls, and "hopes he gets the message".

Kalis also said he's working on Yuri Wright to commit to Michigan. We'll see if that has any effect.

And finally, we should close the door on the Dunn thing. He was never committed to Michigan. He listened, he visited, but he ultimately gave into the sales pitch of Meyer, and stayed with his original commitment. That doesn't say anything bad about Coach Hoke or his staff.

Meyer will not win every recruiting battle with Michigan. Just as sure as he cannot/will not flip Kalis, he will also lose others.

Comment

• Wow. UFM has been calling Kalis that much during the dead period. Kalis should report him to the NCAA. Or stop bullshitting. Everyone, especially OSU, knows Kalis is going to M.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Agreed that neither school is going to win every battle. That's how it should be. And agreed that losing Dunn isn't that big a deal. It would have been some nice gravy, but we'll have plenty of time to develop another elite RB and it'll be a marquee spot in next year's recruiting class. Fitz has 2 more years of eligibility, right? If he's healthy, the concern isn't on the field.

Comment

• Meyer will not win every recruiting battle with Michigan. Just as sure as he cannot/will not flip Kalis, he will also lose others.
                  That's true. He won't lose often in Ohio, though. And in that regard, Hoke better keep working Thomas. That one is not over.

Comment

• We'll see. You've done a lot of crowing in recent weeks, and I understand the optics of it all. And of course the final verses of The Ballad of Brionte Dunn have not yet been written. If the concerns about fit in the offense are valid and Dunn's career there doesn't take off, that'll be just another proof that in Columbus you're not a football player but simply grist for the mill.
                    Last edited by hack; January 3, 2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Meh. It is what it is. UFM will do really well initially (class of 2013, for sure). Whether he can continue to recruit as well depends on how well he does at OSU (and, to a lesser extent, how well Hoke does at M).

As for Thomas, that's just what some folks who are usually very good think. The same people have, constantly, said their is zero chance with Kalis.

Comment

• I would believe that Thomas will flip before Kalis would.

That being said, 13 months is a long time, and Meyer will keep the pressure on Thomas as long as Thomas will listen. If Thomas is solid with Michigan (and I think the chances are very good that he is) then he has to take a page from Kalis' book, and stop answering Meyer's phone calls. Meyer will get the message, and move on.

And I don't know if Kalis' comments means that Meyer was violating NCAA rules by contacting him during the dead period. All I'm going on is what Kalis said. He said that Meyer has been calling a lot, and he kept telling Meyer that he was solid with Michigan. Meyer said he was going to "keep trying". Kalis said he's stopped answering his phone calls. BS or not, that's what the kid said.

To hear MSU fans talk today, you'd think Dantonio is the one that's going to "throw a wall around Ohio".

Comment

• In other breaking news this morning, its being reported that DeAnthony Arnett got his full, unconditional release from Tennessee this morning. It'd be nice if we could get him in Ann Arbor. He'd fit an area of need, and he's a good kid on top of it.

Just hope he doesn't go to EL

Comment

• Wow good news, apparently Dooley refused to release another kid a few years ago, came from a troubled home, Tennessee's excuse they didn't want him to return to that home?!? Anyway, the kid died of a drug overdose.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Ah yes ..... the UT legal team came calling.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, and they probably gave him a gallon of 'shine and told him to let the kid go.

Comment

Working...
                                X