Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just hope Pipkinds works out, unlike the current 5-star D-lineman on our roster.

Comment

• No worries. Pipkins will actually get some coaching. Montgomery, Mattison, and Hoke we'll make sure of it.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Great article on some of our 2012 recruits. Apologies if it has been posted before:

"I'm looking forward to playing with (Ross, Jenkins-Stone, Magnuson and Kalis) because it's going to give us a taste of what it's going to be look like when we get down to Michigan," he said. "I went up there (on an official visit) Ohio State week. That was a big week of course. They ended the seven-year streak. We shut (the Buckeyes) up pretty good. Being with the guys that are actually Michigan players (already) ... they were just happy they were there. They love it. Some places you go, you find a fault about it, but they said you can't find anything wrong with (Michigan) now. Everything is perfect. You've got people that love you, care about you, and want to see you succeed. The main thing that stood out to me was how everyone was happy with the coaching staff and the academics. You really can't go wrong with a Michigan education."

Comment

• Sure feels good for a change!
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Any feeling on what the Bill O'Brien hiring does for use with respect to Reeves?

Comment

• Read something at Rivals about that .......

Reeves is apparently a smart guy. He'll wait to see who O'Brien hires as a DB coach, he'll talk to him and reassess. There's a sense that M is still on him, respectfully though because that's how Hoke and his staff do business.

Essentially not much change from a week ago when it was announced that Reeves was considering his options in the wake of the Paterno firing but wasn't going to decommit just yet.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• My gut feeling is that it helps us. The guy has no head coaching experience and no ties to Penn State. If I were a recruit there, I would be very nervous.

That being said, maybe the guy is awesome and will be able to talk recruits into staying. He does have NFL experience which is always a plus.

Comment

• I'd say it helps, since there are former Penn State players forcefully coming out against the hire. Any recruit would be walking into a pretty negative situation.

Comment

• Penn State is in for their own version of the Rich Rod era.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It might even be worse than that, Liney.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I think you may be right. Michigan's "alums" didn't immediately write and criticize the RRod hiring. They waited a while. I think things are going to get much worse there, before they get any better.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Rodriguez was an established, successful coach who just failed to duplicate his success. This is most like the ND hire of Weis, except that Weis was probably a better OC.

Comment

• Ohio State will benefit the most from Penn State's woes. Next in the Big Ten after that is arguably Wisconsin, or maybe Michigan, since we still compete with them for a lot of recruits.

Comment

• Pitt & ACC country (Maryland, VT) will help themselves with the talent in Pennsylvania.

Comment

• Saw this on one of the tv programs earlier today. All I can say is I hope we don't have something like this happen when one of our recruits commit.

It's not everyday that one of the nation's top prospects gets overshadowed at a nationally televised sporting event by his own mother, yet that's precisely what unfolded on Thursday night, live on ESPN. Continue reading →

Comment

Working...
                                X