Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still expecting the offense to have some of last year's plays, which we'll pull off the shelf against the likes of ND and MSU, but keep under wraps for WMU and EMU.

Comment

• And I think its safe to say that OhNo will see Michigan in some different looks on defense than they've seen all year, and the offense will have a few twists in store for just the Schmucks as well.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Word is that Brionte Dunn, who is a RB currently committed to OhNo, will be in town on Saturday for a visit.

Can't read much into it yet, other than the fact that an OhNo commitment is still taking visits.

It may mean something, it may not. He'd be a nice pickup, ... and a well-deserved black eye for the liar-vest if he flipped...

Comment

• RB & WR are the two easiest places for freshmen to contribute right away. The biggest concern at RB is pass protection and the biggest concern at WR is downfield blocking. A kid willing to work hard can contribute from day 1. At RB you can protect a young guy by bringing in a vet in obvious passing situations (3rd down back).

Comment

• It's not hard for a WR or an RB to contribute immediately, but I wouldn't want to stake the future of the program on this happening.

Comment

• If your taking visits, your not committed.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                If your taking visits, your not committed.
                Yup, by definition.

Comment

• If your taking visits, your not committed.
                  I agree, and I think its great that Dunn is coming to visit.

Dunn says he's "still committed" to the Schmucks, and he's "just taking a look" at Michigan. To me, that's like saying you're engaged to Rosie O'Donnell, but you want to take a look at Heidi Klum. We'll see if Hoke and company can lift the blinders off the young man's eyes.

Still a lot of chatter about an unknown "silent commitment" who is yet to make his commitment to Michigan public. Its supposed to be a "wow" commitment. We'll see on that one too.

Matt Godin appears to be set to announce for Michigan, and he may bring a close friend with him, who is also a top recruit in Michigan. Even more evidence that MSU is getting totally spanked in Michigan recruiting this year.

Comment

• Comparing Rosie O'Donnell to Tosu is an insult to Rosie.

Comment

• Mario Ojemudia has committed to M along with Pharoh Brown, according to mgoblog.

Comment

• Wow.

This class is going to end up being Top Ten based just on the defense.

Our four linebacker commits are probably the best group in the Midwest.

Now we add Pharaoh Brown and Mario Ojemudia and it just gets better.

Tip the hat to Hoke and Mattison. The puzzle is coming together. Maybe not this year, but soon.

Comment

• This is causing a bit of a quandary for me. Normally, I don't "root" for Farmington Hills Harrison, because I don't particularly like "football factory" schools. Kids come from all over the state to be coached by John Herrington, and he usually funnels them to Michigan State.

Now, I'll have to change my tune a bit ...

Comment

• Just reading about them on MgoBlog. Nice pickups, and even nicer that we beat sparty again. They both had good offer sheets as well. Getting VERY excited about how this is going.

Comment

• Both good, strong pickups at a position of need. Both are strong 3-stars at worst, potential 4-stars. Ojemudia is strictly a WDE unless he keeps growing while Brown is a WDE with some potential to grow into a SDE...

Every commit is from Michigan or Ohio so far, not a surprise that you start locally and work your way outside nationally. National kids (recruits that seriously consider and commit to schools outside of driving distance) usually take visits during the summer and decide later...

Matthew Godin DT/SDE decides either the 11th or 12th, likely a Wolverine but not a sure thing.

Comment

• Are we signing a bunch of guys earlier than usual in this class? I mean, football season hasn't started yet and it seems like we already have a ton of our recruiting class sewn up.

I am VERY thankful that Hoke and Mattison are restocking the D, and in a big way.

Comment

Working...
                                X