X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh.........brilliant.....

Comment

• Heh heh! I had a 2000 VW Jetta diesel all through grad school and my early work days.. brought it up here to Michigan. 235,000 miles later, I traded it in when my wife (who was forced to drive it due to a long commute), got tired of the old fashioned roll down windows and waiting on the glow plugs on cold days. I miss that car!

Comment

• Yeah, I was going to say, his tweets sound terrible, but for all we know the guy is just a poser, trying to sound tough on twitter to his "boys" to build his "rep".

Back in college, I lost track of the number of times I heard some guy lie about "banging hos" or whatever trying to sound cool. Thing is, back then you said shit like that at a party or hanging out. It wasn't recorded and posted online for the world to see. If my idiot friends had had twitter when they were drunk/stoned/otherwise shit-faced God only knows what they would have tweeted.

Now, it what Yuri tweeted immature? Hell yeah. Is it acceptable behavior if you're on a fooball scholarship to a college? Hell no. Is it enough reason to stop pursuing him as a high schooler? I dunno--you have to ask Hoke about that. But while I'll fully admit that his tweets make him sound like a no-good misogynistic gangster punk that I don't want on my team, I hesitate to automatically assume that is who he really is.
        Last edited by Jamie H; January 20, 2012, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• My wife is legitimately hot though...
          His wife is hot. He showed a pic of her on our old WX site some time ago.

One of the biggest mysteries of this forum is how so many of you ugly guys ended up with such good lookin' wimmen ....
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
            Heh heh! I had a 2000 VW Jetta diesel all through grad school and my early work days.. brought it up here to Michigan. 235,000 miles later, I traded it in when my wife (who was forced to drive it due to a long commute), got tired of the old fashioned roll down windows and waiting on the glow plugs on cold days. I miss that car!

235K? That both impresses and scares me. I've got the gas two point slow. It's about to turn 160K and I can't stand the thought of driving it for another 70K. Roll down windows...key fob that hasn't remotely locked in years...and of course, 5 speed manual in DC traffic. At least the stereo and AC still kick ass.

I'm really intrigued with the VW diesels...the new Passat TDI appears to fit a number of needs in terms of comfort, efficiency and room for family. Plus it's built in the U.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              His wife is hot. He showed a pic of her on our old WX site some time ago.

One of the biggest mysteries of this forum is how so many of you ugly guys ended up with such good lookin' wimmen ....

VW Jetta. It gets all the Ho's.

This whole issue would be much simpler if Yuri did something else to get himself expelled...multiple arguments about him on ND boards. Alot of fans wanted to dump him when they saw those tweets, now they feel justified.

There are very good arguments on both sides. The tweets are obvious indications of stupid kid + poor character. But getting busted with weed is such a different animal than tweeting about weed. Will be interesting to see where this goes.

Comment

• We had a 1994 Jetta. I sold it at 238k......still ran great. I told people I loved the roll down windows....but when I upgraded to power, I realized I was rationalizing......

Comment

• Originally posted by madootra View Post
                  We had a 1994 Jetta. I sold it at 238k......still ran great. I told people I loved the roll down windows....but when I upgraded to power, I realized I was rationalizing......

My first car was an '81 rabbit with 134K. I paid $400, beat the hell out of it through 2.5 years of high school. Sold it at 145K for $600 to a sophmore. By the time my little brother graduated from Pioneer four years later, that same car had been sold off or passed down and was still a Pi-Hi student mainstay.

...I'm pushing 40 and have never owned a car with an automatic transmission or cruise control. Now I'm pretty sure both are standard features on even base models...

Gotta run. Good night.
                  Last edited by Clashmore Mike; January 20, 2012, 01:40 AM.

Comment

• Jettas aren't what they used to be. I had an 87 Wolfsburg edition that was just the thing until I cracked it up. Still miss it.

Comment

• No idea why Yuri Wright was expelled (or kicked out) of Don Bosco, the tweets aren't worthy of such but do show a display of his character of why possibly M dropped his offer. I think there is more to this than just those tweets.

Comment

• WM now that Darryl Stonum has been booted from the team, do you know if by chance he still remains on scholarship? I guess he intends to graduate in the spring, any news? Does Michigan have a "freed up" scholly, honestly had he been booted initially, Hoke & Co would of spent the last 12 months looking to replace his position of need. It's a little late in the game unless you are Urbbie Meyer. Sure would be nice to secure Payton.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 20, 2012, 09:44 AM.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Clash, 235K and it was still rolling strong! I had the 5-speed manual as well. My fob still worked! Those ACs were awesome, too, weren't they? I jokingly used to say those Germans liked their cool weather. Too bad my model was "hecho in Mexico".

The only problem that car ever had was very early on, the throttle body had to be replaced. I think it was a problem with that model and they rectified it under warranty and I never had a single problem with that car again. I did have to replace a few glow plugs, but that's totally normal.

Aside from my wife hating the roll downs (which she couldn't reach), she absolutely hated those times when she had to roll up next to the truckers and get diesel fuel. I'm sure the truckers enjoyed it, but she sure didn't. The final straw was when a guy next to her, while fueling, pulled out his unit and pissed in the trashcan between the two stalls while staring at her. Classy.

OK, sorry to the others. I'll quit hijacking the recruiting thread with my VW nostalgia!

Comment

• Buy her a Range Rover, I bought two. This one I use for tailgating even to AA a few times.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• No pics, the dreaded red X. Probably due to my work computer being a Tandy 1000. But I do remember one of the RRs you had at the tailgate a few seasons ago. Nice vehicle. Wasn't it green? Can't remember.

Once I get out from under my federal loans from school, maybe she can have one of those! Does Uncle OP want to help out Clan Buchanan?

BTW, 3 degrees on my way into work today. Wanted to text that to Dad, but he's still lazin' it up in Cozumel.

Comment

• OP your big timing.....

Comment

Working...
                                X