Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little too much OT/OG for my taste, and not enough OT, considering OT is our big position of need.

FWIW, Sam Webb has raved about Ben Braden's capabilities as a future left tackle.

Comment

• I think Braden is OT (others are less sure) and a very good one, Bars I know much less about.

Comment

• Braden is going to be a sleeper in this class. Some other recruiting mags say that Bars is a sleeper too. They just don't get the ink that others get.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm really high on Braden, I get the local hype and inside info on him being on the west side of the state. Bars has a pretty nice offer list, I haven't read much 'scouting reports' on him to get a good feel for his talent level.

Comment

• I prefer Garnett to Diamond, I think.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              Hoke ..... It starts up front. Something I don't think RR understood.

Look at Wisky. Average talent running/throwing behind a solid OL with lots of depth.

Made them pretty good under the meathead.
              JB, not sure how you pull this off? I have two cells, both at the bottom of the Atlantic. I am pleased to say that the sea water killed the long-distance charges and that Ann is a remarkable woman.
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 21, 2012, 06:30 AM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                WM now that Darryl Stonum has been booted from the team, do you know if by chance he still remains on scholarship?
                I was wondering about this also. I'm wondering if a player is dismissed "during a semester," if his scholarship continues on thru that semester. If so, this may explain the timing of Hoke's announcement to cut Stonum loose as I think it happened after the semester had begun. Also, wonder how many classes Stonum may have missed during his incarceration. Perhaps, tutors via the football program were helping him keep up on classes enough so that he could still attend after his jail term. If any of this is correct it may have been Hoke's and M's attempt to help the kid even if they could no longer justify keeping him on the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mackenzie View Post
                  I was wondering about this also. I'm wondering if a player is dismissed "during a semester," if his scholarship continues on thru that semester. If so, this may explain the timing of Hoke's announcement to cut Stonum loose as I think it happened after the semester had begun. Also, wonder how many classes Stonum may have missed during his incarceration. Perhaps, tutors via the football program were helping him keep up on classes enough so that he could still attend after his jail term. If any of this is correct it may have been Hoke's and M's attempt to help the kid even if they could no longer justify keeping him on the team.
                  It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was Hoke and U of M's intent, to make sure Stonum has every opportunity to graduate.

Now on the other hand, if this were Nick Satan or various other coaches/schools in the SEC,

#1)provided Stonum is talented/needed enough, he would have been immediately reinstated to the team, or

#2) if no longer needed due to position on the depth chart and the HC's desire to open up yet another scholarship for a recruit, he would have been set adrift, regardless of his scholastic/degree status.

Comment

• You don't have to look to the SEC to find coaches that play guys directly out of jail.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                      You don't have to look to the SEC to find coaches that play guys directly out of jail.
                      do you mean someone with the initials m.d.?

Comment

• Dantonio belongs in the SEC or Ohio; he fits those cultures well. MSU fans deserve him.

Comment

• Read elsewhere that Caleb Stacey decommitted?
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Yeah he tweeted it out:

"Before it gets out from anyone but me I have decided to decommitt from Michigan to stay home and play ball at Cincinnati"

Comment

• Interesting; might open the door for both Garnett and Diamond now.

That'd be a nice trade-off.
                              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• That opens the door for both Diamond and Garnett. If that happens, it would be a big step forward.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X