This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6'3. 230 .....he's 17!

Posters at Rivals like his hands, very smooth and quick for his size. He plays TE, OT and DT in HS. M is recruiting him as a TE. Recruiting services have not yet spoken.

This is a prototype TE position player in Borges' WCO.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Pipkins again

Ladies and Gents its PeeWee king of the 2012 dline I been the truth if u dnt know, you better ask somebody I am the show and the After party
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• 6'3. 230 .....he's 17!
        His profile says 6'2", but even if he is 6'3", that seems shortish for a TE. JMO.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• He's 17 ....... Sean was about 5' 8" and 135 as a junior in HS. He was 6' 2" pushing 200 and could still run around and play decent soccer a year after graduating. He went through a pair of pants and shoes in 3 or 4 months! Growth spurt.

By the time Hill comes to AA and sees the playing field, if he's not 6'5" or 6'6" and around 240, I'll be surprised. With these guys your betting on putting something on that big frame (and its big, especially his ass from what I read) but it's reading the appearance of early football skills that I think Hokeattison excel at.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; February 6, 2012, 04:57 PM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hmmm. Well, I wouldn't count on any 17 year old sprouting 3 inches. But, what do I know. It's possible.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Michigan adds another offensive lineman for the 2012 class, though this one is a preferred walk-on...

The Michigan football team picked up a second newcomer Monday. This one, though, arrives on campus next season. Less than three hours after Detroit Crockett ...

The kid has great size-- possibly too much(not many 17-year olds can carry 300+ pounds effectively, and Gibbs looks a little heavy and a little slow to me). If he's playing RG at that size in high school, he probably lacks the feet to play tackle at the college level. But he seems to play with great effort. Michigan might be looking to develop him as a center.
              Last edited by JRB; February 6, 2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• well all he needs to do is outperform Staley and this is a net plus ... another OL man with no hit to scholly count. Hope this has no bearing on Kozan. I really would like to get him in.

Once Kalis turned and it looked like both Garnett and Diamond possibilities, I though we were on our way to one of the greatest OL classes of all time ... but we're not even the best this year ... kudos to Shaw for the class he recruited to the tree in palo alto.

Comment

• I see that he's listed on the video at 6'8" 305, but 6'7" 315 in the linked article, either way big and likely still growing and developing, since he doesn't even turn 18 until late this coming June.

Looks a little slow and awkward at times on those videos, but like Jason posted, also looks like he goes all-out, giving great effort. Maybe a kid that helps us out a litttle more than expected by his jr./sr. years, as they get him in the weight room to get him more strength and agility.

Comment

• Already posted but commit #3 for '13 is Khalid Hill:

Unknown to me, tight ends usually are unless they are blue chippers. Recruited to play the U-back; hybrid TE/FB in Borges' offense. From Crockett HS who puts a decent amount of players into div I, interested to hear from those who've seen him play.

Comment

• Class of '13 is getting under way, by my count M has 84 players on scholarship, 1 less than the NCAA limit. After '12 M graduates a senior class of 17 by my count, I've seen this number lower elsewhere (16); not sure if they counted Kovacs or whether I have an error somewhere.

If I'm correct this gives them 18 scholarships for '13 before any attrition in the next year. Plus they can over-sign by 3 on signing day. With typical attrition, M should be able to pretty much sign a full class of 23-25 recruits on signing day in '13... Where do I see the 'needs' for M:

*QB: 1 (1 verbal)...
                      *RB: 1 super or 2 Toussaint types...
                      *WR: 3 (M might want a 3rd since they didn't sign any in '11)...
                      *TE: 2 (1 verbal, M didn't recruit TE's from '09 - '11 so they'll need 2 again)...
                      *OL: 5 (making up for lack of numbers in the '10 class which netted 0 OL recruits)...

-

*DT: 2 (3+ member '11 class helped numbers)
                      *DE: 3 (seems high but I didn't see a true WDE in '12 so they'll need 2 WDE, 1 SDE)
                      *LB: 3 (big class in '12)
                      *CB: 2 (signed just 1 in '12 who probably won't redshirt)
                      *S: 2 (1 verbal)
                      *K/P: 0-1 (if M has the scholarships open up this summer, I think they go after 1)

Totals: 24, 12 offense, 12 defense...

Comment

• Re: Alex Kozan

Feb
                        1:50pm

by Russ Oates

READ MORE: Michigan Wolverines, Iowa Hawkeyes

The last remaining top recruit from the state of Colorado has yet to sign with a school for his college football career. Reports of Kozan deciding on his destination over the weekend failed to come to fruition. Rob Howe reports that there is still no decision.

Kozan had verbally committed to the Iowa Hawkeyes a few days before National Signing Day, but when Signing Day came he was a no show. It looked as though he was going to reconsider his choice over the weekend, by that never came to happen.

He still has Auburn, Iowa and Michigan as his potential landing spots. According to the Detroit Free Press, Kozan, a high school guard, would move to center if he commits to the Wolverines. Potentially favoring the Wolverines is that Iowa's coaching staff is undergoing changes and Auburn already has a large number of recruits this class.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Does Russ know his Oates?

Comment

• He may be a bit rusty but he is a Quaker.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Updating front page information, let me know if you prefer the player profiles at scout, rivals, 247 sports or espn...

Comment

• WM: No preference, but I sure do appreciate what you do

Comment

Working...
                                X