Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most highly-thought-of wide receiver by the pros is Denard Robinson. I'm just stirring the pot. If Gardner or Bellamy improve, DR at wide out is no more unthinkable than Charles Woodson at wideout.

Comment

• Is he highly thought of as a wide receiver? He's got physical tools, but I would think even a super athlete like Robinson would have to get lots of reps at the position to be useful.

Comment

• Mel Kiper said he projects Denard to be in his top 2-3 WR for next year. I'll see if I can find the reference.

Comment

• I do hope we see a more developed and elaborate 2 QB set next year.

Getting Denard out in space will be to our benefit, especially against teams like 'Bama.

It will also be in Denard's benefit since all the NFL gurus have him slotted as a rich man's version of Antawn Randle El.

Comment

• Anzalone was going to visit this weekend (not PSU) if not for M filling its quota at LB, he was very much in play for M
            Meh. I know he was going to visit, but I wouldn't have considered M a major player. A little like Brenneman visiting Columbus two weeks ago. Great visit. Loved it. Have fun at Penn State. Anzalone, I suspect, will be a Buckeye. But, meh, whatever. UFM put togehter a great class with Hoke's leftovers and rejects once already...it can happen again! :-)

losing ground on Treadwell sounds very bad.
            M is still probably the team to beat for him. That said, if UFM could somehow pry him away from Hoke, that would be fantastic. Robert Foster+Treadwell=platinum! Of course, Robert Foster+anyone=gold....but I really like Treadwell, too.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Meh. I know he was going to visit, but I wouldn't have considered M a major player. A little like Brenneman visiting Columbus two weeks ago. Great visit. Loved it. Have fun at Penn State. Anzalone, I suspect, will be a Buckeye. But, meh, whatever. UFM put togehter a great class with Hoke's leftovers and rejects once already...it can happen again! :-)

M is still probably the team to beat for him. That said, if UFM could somehow pry him away from Hoke, that would be fantastic. Robert Foster+Treadwell=platinum! Of course, Robert Foster+anyone=gold....but I really like Treadwell, too.
              Once Pope Urban gets to where he realizes that he has to look forward to a career of getting "Hoked" on the recruiting trail, year-after-year, you'll soon be settling for "fools gold" rather than platinum or real gold

Comment

• Indeed. It's unlikely that UFM will ever have a higher rated class than Coach Hoke. Except for, well, I mean, the only time they've gone head-to-head -- but that was only according to every major recruiting service, so probably not accurate.

But it's all sort of inevitable. Coach Hoke is a juggernaut. I fully expect him to win his first ever conference title as a head coach this year. Hopefully, UFM can piece together some scraps to win his 3rd National Title some time in the next few years. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• in all seriousness, it's cool that Hoke and Pope are sopping up all the top flight recruits. It's unfortunate that they haven't been able to put the squeeze on the Domers as well, but the rest of the B1G is definitely suffering for it.

Of course I will he hoping for Hoke and Co to pound the Pope every time, but based on the recent recruiting and the fact that both coaching staffs are filled with good teachers and developers of talent, we should be seeing two very good team facing off against each other on a consistent basis. If nothing else this should build back the luster that this rivalry has lost over the past two decades as one or the other team dominated.

Comment

• Yeah, I've been preaching haves and havenots for awhile. If either side is counting on the other to be "down" then they will be hugely disappointed.

Comment

• ..... osu WILL BE DOWN. Count on it. Apparently certain observers of the B1G seem to think the Sandusky effect will be short lived. I agree with them. PSU is a solid football program that will rise from the ashes and hurt osu and the pope more than it will hurt Hokeattison.

"All you have to do is look at OSU's last class to know that this is good for Michigan. A strong Penn State takes recruits from teams who play Michigan all the time and puts them on one that plays Michigan 40% of the time; also it would be really nice if there was someone strong enough in the East to prevent an annoying B10 championship game instant rematch."

I already like what I see with respect to Hoke's ability to pull good players out of ohio as well, maybe better than Schembechler ever did .... and believe me. Bo was the bane of Woody's existence when it came to that.

True, ufm will get what he needs and probably pretty much what he wants. But there will be battles here and it's fun to see that again.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Certain observers, eh. I'm not concerned with wishful thinking from M and/or Nit fans.

If you think OSU will be down, you will disappointed.

Comment

• OSU benefitted tremendously from Sanduskygate and will continue to do so probably until the sacrificial lamb who is currently their coach has done the program's penance and they get a real coach in there.

Comment

• Will be down? They're already there, knee deep in their own shit. Perhaps you missed the last two years of disgrace, to put it kindly, where they lost (or "vacated", to put lipstick on that pig) 20 of their last 26 games, and have nothing to play for in '12 except for "the love of the game."
                            I can hear Pope now after a resounding thrashing of the UAB Blazers:
                            "Did you see family, I won that there fooossball game!"
                            "Yes daddy, that's great, but it don't mean a damn thing, cuz youz a lyin' cheatin' bitch, and don't qualify for a bowl."

Good times.
                            Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• 1 year isn't down. But rationalize it all you want. I'll take winning 6 of 7 B10 titles and deal with the bad year (they won 11 of the past 14 men's hoops and football titles!). Michigan can only dream of being "down" like that.

OSU benefitted tremendously from Sanduskygate and will continue to do so probably until the sacrificial lamb who is currently their coach has done the program's penance and they get a real coach in there.
                              Yeah, great -- let Penn State recover AND give OSU a clean slate with UFM for a full year and no issues hanging over the program and it's a big net gain for OSU.

As I said, I think it foolish for anyone to delude themselves into thinking that OSU is going to be "down". But, I'll let you boys delude yourselves as you see fit. I'm certainly not that foolish when it comes to M, even though they're led by a coach who has yet to win a conference title anywhere.
                              Last edited by iam416; March 8, 2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Talent:

I'm not in the least deluded. UFM is a great coach and a great recruiter. I want to get back to the days of the Big Two and litttle (8-10-12- whatever). I remember not being able to sleep the night before THE GAME. I loved it when the schools were offered naming rights for THE GAME and turned the money down. That is where I want to end up in three years or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X