Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guys at 247sports Ohio site, talent... Good to hear other services have him higher rated as I'm going purely based upon what other guys think of him. The M guys at rivals don't have much to say on him yet.

Comment

• The OSU Scout guys think Rivals has him underrated (#70 in the state of Ohio). But I'm not sure if he's much more than #20 or so in the state -- probably more like top 30. JMO.

I'm not one to knock proven recruiters for their choice of players. Hokattisson know what they want, and they must see something in this kid to give him an offer this early in the process. Or, it could be as JRB suggested -- they sent out feelers to a number of other DBs and b/c they don't have geographic ties, there wasn't a strong response. So, they felt this kid was next best. I don't know. But I'd assume, until it's shown otherwise, that Hokattison is taking the best available kid whenver they sign someone 11 months from signing day.

only seven of them are from the midwest, and six of those have already committed-- Jourdan Lewis and Dymonte Thomas to Michigan, Cameron Burrows and Eli Woodard to the forces of darkness
      New Jersey is not the Midwest, JRB! I hold in you in contempt!
      Last edited by iam416; March 10, 2012, 08:00 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Coaching staff wanted a 'tall' corner for whatever reason (M has a ton of 5'10" and under corners), 7-on-7 are a great test for corners and if Conley participates in those, he'll end up rated close enough to where he belongs. I don't have much of clue where he should be rated but he's awfully fluid of an athlete if he's truly a 6'1" cornerback...

Jim S really likes him fwiw.

Comment

• Maybe best free site for M recruiting, link is specific to Conley and has a good highlight video of him:

Comment

• It's finally "official" (as "official" as a verbal commitment can be, anyway)---recruit #15 for the 2013 class:

Redshirted as a freshman at Ohio State... Originally committed to Michigan but switched to Ohio State not long after Urban Meyer was named head coach......

Comment

• Same high school as Chris Spielman, I believe.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Shawn Crable more recently.
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Any update on Isaac?
                  Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I read in a response to a blog post from someone that claims he knows Shane Morris that Morris was at the hockey game and continues to work Isaac hard, using the line that M's 2013 OL haul is going to be the best in the country. Why go anywhere else (tweeted).

He's reportedly still in AA, wants to visit SC but the hammer is the M coaching staff bringing in his competition (Smith and Green) next weekend.

This is just talk as the word at the start of the weekend was that he was going to wait and take his visits. If we're going to look at Hoke's past behavior with recruits, he's probably told Isaac he does not want a player to give a soft verbal or go visiting anywhere else. If you want the ring, you have to grab it now and hold on.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thanks Jeff
                      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• I have to agree with the mgoblog crowd says about the Conley, the guy really looks and runs like Steve Breaston redux. If we can't land the top flight receiver we're looking for maybe we need to convert this guy to the other side of the ball.

Comment

• who's to say Conley isn't gonna be a "top flight" CB? at 6-1 160 he will probably graduate HS at 170 or so and be around 185 by the time he redshirts a year. But yeah that thought crossed my mind as well.

Comment

• What happened to the recruiting discussion? Who is coming in this weekend?

Comment

• Isaac plans to visit USC (imo M's only competition) later this month and make a decision very soon after...

M probably will turn up the heat on DeVeon Smith & others after Isaac decides...

Comment

• At TE, for M its Scott Orndoff who is surpisingly close to a re-decision after just ditching Wisky. He's been talking to a lot of M insiders (and not much others), a good sign for M to land another true tight end.

Comment

Working...
                                X