Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodriguez recruited the players who are the team's biggest liabilities, and his three defenses gave up more yards and points than any in the history of Michigan football. But let's not be too hard on him.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Did you see Arizona vs Oregon? It was hilariously familiar. Six trips to the red zone for Arizona, no points. One missed field goal, five turnovers, and about a dozen instances of that angry pout that Rodriguez makes whenever things start to go wrong.

Comment

• But there's absolutely no reason to have faith in Denard to not turn the ball over. There is no information available anywhere that makes that case. Denard is a fumbler and its too late to bench him until he stops that. Somebody should have done that to him earlier in his career and its a shame that it didn't happen. If you're going to have him out there, you need to accept a fumble a game and make sure you don't court more turnovers.

You absolutely can not throw because you're worried about picks. As you are a Lloyd Carr fan I would have thought you would feel that way. Especially when the defense is really clicking.

Comment

• The sad thing is, the three TOs you mention to expect from DR probably wins the game Saturday.
          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Borges was trying to do way, way too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              Did you see Arizona vs Oregon? It was hilariously familiar. Six trips to the red zone for Arizona, no points. One missed field goal, five turnovers, and about a dozen instances of that angry pout that Rodriguez makes whenever things start to go wrong.
              That angry pout used to kill me. He looked like a spoiled kid. Then there were the tears.

Comment

• ..... and Josh Grobin.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Mallory View Post
                  I disagree. I have faith in my QB to not turn the ball over, esp a Senior 3 year starter. If they don't throw the ball early to open things up the running game probably never gets going either. You cannot not throw the ball because your worried about picks. If thats the case then another QB should definitely be in there.

Furthermore, if Borges would of kept it conservative and still lost I can hear the bitching and whining now. Everyone's gonna point fingers when their team loses. But it comes down to execution by the players more than anything. Denard didn't execute.
                  You beat me to it. I could just hear everyone after seeing Denard and Fitz running into a brick wall play after play. The playcalling wasn't too bad. Just a few plays when Denard did get pressure he, and for the life of me don't know why, can't figure out how to just eat it or throw it away. It's maddening.

Comment

• No one else can figure it out either, but at this point, we know it happens. Regularly. So do you want to keep putting him in positions where he is highly likely to toss an interception? Or maybe figure out a way to minimize that risk? The answer is obvious. Faith is precisely the word for what you have to have if you want to keep on this way, cause it's not like there's any reason in the mix. Everything measurable and knowable screams something else.

Hoke needs a little Lloyd Carr sitting on one of his shoulders to moderate his recklessness. You have to first and foremost protect the ball.

Comment

• Other teams have a very good understanding of Denard's strengths and weaknesses. They design their defensive plans accordingly. It's a chess game. So should M put Denard's strength up against the teeth of the defense that is designed to stop it? Or try to find weaknesses in the defense plan and hope to exploit them with the lesser part of Denard's game? Hard to say what is the right answer. Either way, there is sure to be bitching after a loss. This is still an offense in transition. Part of the 6 year RR effect. I don't see throwing Borges under the bus. He's still playing somebody else's hand.

Comment

• You can still judge him on how he plays someone else's hand. You can do a good or bad job at that. That said, he's gonna get his chance and so he should.

Comment

• I enjoyed the interceptionfest as little as anybody but the problem is run Denard every play and you risk carrying him off on a stretcher. They seemed to have a stretch or two of success with 10-12 yard passing plays but never enough to get all the way in. Frustrating game yet they were within a score in the fourth quarter.

Losses to Bama and ND are no surprise. From what I read here, many of us kind of expected them going in. Nebraska and poster child very likely more of the same. I just hope now they have enough to take care of business everywhere else. That would get them to 8-4 at least.

Comment

• Treadwell scheduling more visits:

Under Armour All-American Selection. ...CSNChicago.com's All-Chicago Area Team in 2011. ...An all-area selection as a sophomore, after hauling in 58 receptions...

Comment

• Question for WM:

Is it ok that Treadwell is taking visits to several places, or is Michigan still an "inside" favorite because of Morris?
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• M quit recruiting Stefon Diggs (damn, wish he was wearing maize and blue) last year under similar circumstances, didn't they?
                                Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                                X