This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is this Beaver guy?"

It sounds like Hoke and his staff need to work on their bedside manner a little bit when it comes to these wavering guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      It sounds like Hoke and his staff need to work on their bedside manner a little bit when it comes to these wavering guys.
      Yeah, I can understand not wanting to be led around by these kids, but things have changed since the Bo days when it was considered an honor to be offered. Kids have figured out that they're holding a strong hand. Some kids want to be "shown love" from the staff. While I don't like that, I would settle for just a bit more understanding from the coaching staff.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Is the game in question here the game last week or another one?
        Last week. 26-21.

Who is this Beaver guy
        Purported M insider on, I think, Scout. I'll let WM and others speak to his credibility. I have zero clue about him. Just relaying info.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• he does still have official visiits to osu, Alabama, and MSU lined up. Aparently he had a heart to heart with Hoke
          Alabama, oddly, isn't a player. It's MSU. Hoke has given MSU a window to get in on Dawson. I still think he ends up at M based on nothing buy my gut. But if it were handled a bit differently, I think he's firmly in M's class as we speak.

Comment

• If that's how it happened, how ridiculous. I'd have no reason to expect him to consider Michigan if that's how he was treated.

But wasn't he on the OSU sideline?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Alabama, oddly, isn't a player.
              You have some information that says he isn't going on his OV January 11?

Comment

• No. I don't think he's heading south. If you take him at his word, he's said he wants to stay close to home. Repeatedly.

I think Alabama is a visit he MAY take if he doesn't re-up with M by then. But, I don't think Alabama is seriously in the conversation.

Comment

• Alabama is automatically in any conversation once a guy gets a taste of that payola.

Comment

• Rocky:

You make a really good point that none of us talk about enough. During the 10 year war, each school could give 105 scholarships. The Midwest, including W. Penn had substantially greater population. It WAS an honor to go to ND, UM, Ohio, or PSU.

Now, scholarships are at a premium, population is down, and kids realize that these vacations are available. I forget who said it a month or so ago, but if I were the parent of a five star, I'd require him to take visits (think Hack said that). Anyway, Hoke is trying to be Bo in a narcissitic era.

I say again, I think Treadwell would have committed at a given point. What happened after that could not, in my opinion, have turned out any worse for UM than how things actually went. Further, because of this "hard commit" rule, we have turned away exceptional talent that wanted to come to UM. Maybe, when a position is full and you get to the point of turning away talent, the persons that have verbaled at that position might be asked to "take the pledge".

Comment

• Haven't heard the Beaver story, I'm at rivals and not scout or 247 sports.

Comment

• Conley supposedly still seriously considering the Wolverines but very much wants to see Ohio State. Personally I think he's been flipping to OSU but we'll see after his only two official visits; one to that dump in central Ohio and the other to Ann Arbor.

M had their in-home with Laquon Treadwell and they left the visit, feeling they have a very good shot at him...

Closing the class with Green and any of 2 Treadwell, McQuay, Conley, Dawson would be a great finish.

Comment

• Moblog's analysis this afternoon thinks M closes with Dawson, Conley and Green. Puts McQuay at Vandy and Treadwell at OU or Okie State. I am not sure what any of these are based on (i.e. interpretation and gut feeling, versus an actual source).

I agree with you WM, closing with Green and any of the other 2 would be a great finish. While not getting Treadwell would be disappointing, Green is an absolute MUST get, given UM's rb situation.

Comment

• Why would McQuay go to Vandy?

Comment

• What is Sam Webb saying about these situations? I used to listen to his podcasts, but now it seems I can't get to them anymore. He was a really good source.

Comment

• Brian at MgoBlog:

Meanwhile, the increasingly-infamous Policy about committed recruits visiting other places is way overblown. Dawson got his offer pulled because he was not upfront; Michigan is still recruiting Conley after he decommited. All the policy means is "don't think you're saving a spot in Michigan's class if you're visiting other schools."
                                Michigan has two states of recruiting:
                                • COMMITTED: Keep out of trouble and keep your grades up and you will be in the class. We will stand by you if you have a bad year or get injured. You do not take visits to other schools. If you do, they automatically move you into the other category.
                                • UNCOMMITTED: If you have an offer they'll continue to recruit you but they can revoke that offer at any time until they move you into the other category by mutual agreement. If your leg explodes tough cookies.
                                Notably absent is "COMMITTED, BUT?" Committed-but is an extremely annoying recruiting state that recently-offered AZ OL Kenny Lacy provides an excellent example of:
                                Lacy is a UCLA commitment that was also offered by Michigan this week. His consideration of other schools, however, is not a new development. From the moment he committed to the Bruins back in September he mentioned his plan to still take trips to other campuses. ?
                                "I am committed (to UCLA) and I originally did it because I felt strongly that is where I want to go. But I was upfront with (UCLA assistant) Coach (Adrian) Klemm from the beginning that I would still take trips, and he was OK with that. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing and making the right decision."
                                This is an offense against the English language, and that's probably why Hoke doesn't go for it. Also it's a fiction: Lacy is one-way committed to UCLA. He expects UCLA to be committed to him?he would be pissed if the Bruins took some other OL and were like "sorry full up." He reserves the right to flit off to somewhere else late.
                                Michigan isn't playing that game, and that is the extent of The Policy. You get two categories. Pick one. None of this half-in half-out stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X