Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemingway was the guy who made most of the jump balls. Gallon has done that some too, but he is gone in 2014, and I'm not seeing much talent to replace him. It's possible to live with mediocre receivers, but given how questionable our OC and OL coaches are, I'd like to keep the margin of error at a minimum.

We really needed Treadwell. He doesn't necessarily strike me as a "highest bidder" guy, since if he was, he'd probaby be looking at Alabama, LSU, or Auburn.

Comment

• I certainly hope Funchess can keep improving. I know he's a TE but he had the look of a big play guy this year, when targeted.

Comment

• and I'm not seeing much talent to replace him.

How can you the rest are all freshman or sophmores.

Comment

• Treadwell will not be coming to Michigan. Forget it.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• what happened to the big WR that USC jettisoned after he got injured.

Comment

• In the last two years, Hanni, UM has been very reliant on ridiculous deep throws for its wins. Those WRs went up and got them, and it wasn't just Hemingway, though boy was he missed this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by geo weidl View Post
                and I'm not seeing much talent to replace him.

How can you the rest are all freshman or sophmores.
                The temporary Gardner move to WR is not a good sign of the talent level there, and Darboh will be the only non-senior in 2013 who has some recruiting accolades.

Comment

• with McQuay deciding to delay his decision to wait on the new defensive hires at USC and FSU, I would say he is getting to be about as unlikely as Treadwell ... i.e. zero chance.

Worried about the Vols sweeping in to nab D. Green.

We may be heading to another whimper of a finish like last year.

Comment

• Has that feeling about it. Gotta hope it's about cash with these five-stars who hang around but seem to be desperate for whatever else comes available late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                      with McQuay deciding to delay his decision to wait on the new defensive hires at USC and FSU, I would say he is getting to be about as unlikely as Treadwell ... i.e. zero chance.

Worried about the Vols sweeping in to nab D. Green.

We may be heading to another whimper of a finish like last year.
                      Lets hope his dad has some influence.

McQuay

"I wouldn't be surprised if he chose Michigan," his father said. "The defensive coordinator basically sat us down and walked us through how he is going to be used. If that actually holds true, he is going to be lining up in different spots. He is expected to make plays. He has been labeled a playmaker. That's a lot of expectations, but Mattison has been doing it for a while so I'm pretty sure he can look at somebody and tell exactly what he is going to get out of them."

Comment

• I think we may be forced into recruiting a couple of JUCO bodies to carry the ball next year. I thought Rawls might be an answer but I think he is more MAC material because of his size and lack of speed. Touissant never impressed me that much. And after those two it is all downhill. I sure miss the days of guys like Biakabatuka. Back in those days we could shuffle in and out several pretty darn good RBs without losing much.

I don't get it. If we have these great linemen recruits why can't we land a blue ribbon ball carrier?

Comment

• The Big 12 teams, particularly K State and Okie State use JUCO transfers a lot. Big 10 teams don't. I'd like to know why.

It seems to me that running back and wide receiver ae two positions where "being in the program" for several years makes little difference. When you take your only back-up QB and convert him to WR, 1) you need WR s and 2) a proven JUCO end can at least catch the ball ( Gardner dropped a lot of passes this year). OJ Simpson was JUCO.

Comment

• Fire Borges!!

Comment

• http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...an-Skipper%22}
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                The Big 12 teams, particularly K State and Okie State use JUCO transfers a lot. Big 10 teams don't. I'd like to know why.
                                I think that the main reason is academics, and the inability of lots of players to transfer their credits over.

Comment

Working...
                                X