Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M's top recruiters (in order): Mattison, Hoke, Hecklinski. Curt Mallory, Darrell Funk & Fred Jackson...

Every defensive recruit raves about Mattison, he's recruited Ohio and like Hoke 'finishes' a lot of recruits that the position coaches recruit first. Hechlinski (WR's, recruiting coordinator) is a name I hear from recruits a surprising amount (he likely is most recruits first contact being RC), he's followed Hoke wherever Hoke's been. Believe he recruits the Illinois region...

Darrell Funk (OL) - All the OL seem to mention Funk's name, not sure if Funk originally recruited them or if Funk ends up being their recruiter once they are committed. Amount of OL M has taken in the past couple classes likely has helped Funk's name come-up so often by recruits. Mallory probably has been helped in the same regard, M has signed a ton of DB and hear his name a lot by DB's...

Fred Jackson (RB's) - Haven't heard recruits from the last couple classes talk about him, he recruits the Detroit area so he 'might' deserve credit for the easy to recruit Cass Tech pipeline along with other M's commits from the east side of the state; most of which committed very early.

Those I don't hear there names much: Al Borges (OC), Jerry Montgomery (DL), Dan Ferringo (TE), Mark Smith (LB)... Players really like each of these coaches.

Did I miss anyone?

Comment

• Per Sam Webb: Derrick Green's mom really likes Fred Jackson. Fred probably told her that Derrick is better than Bo Jackson and Hershel walker combined.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Left to Right: Jordan Lewis, Dymonte Thomas, Derrick Green, Jake Butt, Chris Fox.

Lewis, Thomas, Jake Butt and Fox are all Michigan commitments.

Derrick Green asked the photographer if he could be included in the picture. He said sure. He didn't pose with any other team's commitments.

Just a little grist for the mill ..... :-)
        Last edited by lineygoblue; January 7, 2013, 02:37 PM. Reason: Add names
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Green is Blue.

Comment

• Sounds like Derrick Green is all but committed, but wants to take those last two visits. Sam Webb is being cautious, reminding listeners of Sean Parker (who had committed, but then took a visit to Washington), Fred Smith (who was going to commit to U-M but was then "kidnapped" and taken to MSU, where he was promised that he could also play basketball-never happened), and a 5-star defensive player named Johnson (upon whose signed LOI the coaches were waiting when he sent it to Florida State instead), as examples of counting our chickens before they're hatched.

Comment

• Reuben Foster would be the icing on the cake.

Comment

• I'm not counting pre-hatched chickens yet either, Rocky.

I just like M's chances with Green right now. According to Brian's page, Green "already knows where he's going" and will make the announcement later this month.

If that's the case, I'm hoping that the additional visits he's taking are for the purpose of building up his frequent flier miles.... :-)

Comment

• Who was the last highly-ranked back we got...Tyrone Wheatley? Ricky Powers?

Comment

• Mike Hart was initially a 3 star, that became a 4 star when other teams started noticing him. I don't remember the last 5 star we got.

Comment

• What about Kevin Grady? From Wikipedia:
                      He was also widely-regarded as the best junior class high school football player in the nation during the 2003 high school football season.

Comment

• Kevin Grady, Kelly Baraka.

Comment

• Rocky: Where do you get the idea that Reuben Foster is in play? I know he opened his recruitment, but has he indicated UM is in the mix?

Comment

• Wasn't Big Will a 5 star?

Comment

• Pretty sure he was but as far as running backs go, I can't recall a 5* that we've nabbed in a while.

Comment

• Grady was last 5 star. Before that Justin Fargas was a top ranked back all the back to '98, he would of been a 5 star.

Comment

Working...
                                X