Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Duffy Daugherty Forum recruiting forum thread is locked!!! Don't want us in there crowing over Strobel. :-D
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Will we have enough room for Wormley, Pipkins, Diamond and a WR and a RB?
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I think the only way UM takes an RB is if it's a Brionte Dunn or another super.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Diamond is going to be on the outside looking in. I think Wormley's decision was made for him by the Ohio / Sweatervest hilarity. Now it's just a matter of pulling the trigger. I'm all for kids taking their time and making a commitment that is going to stick, but the writing is on the wall at Michigan. There are only so many scholarships to go around and, if you don't move on their offer sooner than later, the spot may not be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Pitts View Post
          I'm all for kids taking their time and making a commitment that is going to stick, but the writing is on the wall at Michigan. There are only so many scholarships to go around and, if you don't move on their offer sooner than later, the spot may not be there.
          A bit of good luck is at play here with regard to the debacle in c-bus but it appears this staff is a good bit better in the recruiting game than any staff since the early LC years.

...... and Jamie is spot on with his comment. If the staff is as good at preparing for games and developing players as they are at recruiting, M is in for a nice run.

Bout time.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The thing is, you never really know how a coach will take to a major program because you've never seen how he operates with a big advantage. Hoke can sell things at Michigan that he could NEVER sell at SDSU and Ball St. And he is clearly using that to his advantage.

Contrast that to Rodriguez, who seemed to recruit at Michigan as if he were still at West Virginia, constantly looking for diamonds in the rough like Robinson. That's great if you can find them, but the point of being at Michigan (or any of the biggest programs) is that you don't have to rely on diamonds in the rough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Pitts View Post
              I think the only way UM takes an RB is if it's a Brionte Dunn or another super.

I'm starting to get the feeling that Diamond is going to be on the outside looking in. I think Wormley's decision was made for him by the Ohio / Sweatervest hilarity. Now it's just a matter of pulling the trigger. I'm all for kids taking their time and making a commitment that is going to stick, but the writing is on the wall at Michigan. There are only so many scholarships to go around and, if you don't move on their offer sooner than later, the spot may not be there.
              I guarantee you there will be a spot for Diamond. We need one more tackle at the bare minimum, and he is a blue-chipper all the way. We also need two DT prospects. It sounds like if anyone is on the outside looking in, it might be Dunn or Burbridge. And it looks like we probably won't take a QB.

I think that we'll take:

Wormley
              DT
              DT
              Diamond

That leaves three spots (max) for a DB, WR, RB, OG/OT, and QB. If I had my 'druthers, I'd like to see a blue-chipper at WR and RB, along with another on the OL.

I love how recruiting is going so far, but let's not forget that Rodriguez's first full class was also a really good one. And Ron Zook had some really good classes early in his tenure at Illinois. Hoke has to back up his promises this year with victories. Another losing season, and I'll bet that we'll see a flood of decommits again.
              Last edited by Hannibal; June 11, 2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Didn't Rodriguez' first class have some very early defections due to various problems, including eligibility?

Comment

• M is telling recruits they'll take 6 OL, they only have 3 right now so Diamond has time to decide and he's visiting later in the month which gives M an opportunity to move up even higher in his eyes...

M will probably take: 3 OL, 2 DT, 1 DB, WR, QB, RB if they take 25; which I'm expecting they do... I think they should be done at DE but won't pass up a blue chipper, that might come at the expense of a 6th OL.

Comment

• Maty Mauk QB (3*, Ohio) 'visited' yesterday, shows he's seriously considering us. He's probably waiting on Gunner Kiel to decide before announcing himself as they overlap in schools they are considering.

Comment

• Interesting that both Mauk and Kiel are showing interest again. I guess maybe Shane Morris isn't necessarily scaring them off.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Not sure if Kiel is likely at this point; didn't hear anything solid about him other than him being an Alabama vs Oklahoma battle, with Missouri/Michigan/Notre Dame being long shots... He DID delay his decision after visiting Norman.

Comment

• Any chance that we don't take Wormley? That seems almost mind-boggling at this point. Six months ago, he was the "must have, must not miss" recruit for this class.

Comment

• Rumor on MGoBlog is that we are turning away other DL recruits to leave spots for Wormley and Washington.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                              Rumor on MGoBlog is that we are turning away other DL recruits to leave spots for Wormley and Washington.
                              Other DEs = Se'von Pittman 4* DE.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Turn away Se'von Pittman, a top 100 player at rivals? They better really like who they have and have an awesome shot at some they like better.

Comment

Working...
                                X