Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having looked at the film of these top guys, I would have to say Peppers is reasonable #2.

If he does come to M, he would be about as a talented a player as we have brought in since Woodson.

Comment

• I didn't follow recruiting till about 2000 or so, at the least the process of it. I've always very closely looked over the freshman bios, player profiles, rankings, etc. shortly after signing day; going back to '93'ish...

Comment

• Looks like Peppers has dropped his visit to PSU. He may still take a visit to Rutgers, but has indicated he pretty much has made up his mind.

If he does sign up, having Peppers and Thomas (Dymonte) in the same defensive back field would give us some athleticism we haven't had there in a long time.

Comment

• Blake Countess received a redshirt for last season, I like his talent level, he's a field corner and will only be a sophomore next season...

Dymonte Thomas is the starting 'nickel' already, Peppers (who is M bound) I'm not sure is a free safety or corner... Jarrod Wilson is getting great reviews as a free safety (he's starting) and is really athletic himself... Delano Hill & Channing Stripling are 'tall', athletes that are the type Mattison likes in his defensive backs...

Not very good depth or a lot of 'elite' talent in the defensive backfield but ime more than anyone on our future schedules other than the Buckeyes.

Comment

• Alex Bars committed to be a Fightin Chicken today. The Bars family and the Irons family have a lot to discuss now.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• That's a loss though not a real surprise. I had pegged Doles, who M was slow playing, a plan B option but he already committed to NW. We'll probably see plan B options emerge for the 3rd OL spot.
              Last edited by WM Wolverine; May 17, 2013, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Ouch. That one hurts.

Comment

• M has built up enough OL depth that I don't think it hurts a lot but I really liked Bars.

Comment

• Remember they had 4 OL in '12, 6 in '13. Bars was 'quality' though.

Comment

• Wasn't he slated as an OT?

We need more depth there. Lots of our guys are "slash" OG/T types.

Comment

• They've got numbers at OT but I'd prefer more OT/OG types than OG/OT types, M will just need to rely on their true offensive tackles (Braden, Magnuson, Fox, etc.) panning out or they'll end up with a Steve Schilling type whose best in the interior playing outside. I'm not too worried about OT, I just would much rather land OT's and move them inside then the landing tweeners who are then needed outside.

Comment

• Class of '14 Recruiting Board

Offense
                          QB: Wilton Speight
                          RB: Jonathan Hilliman
                          WR: Drake Harris, Maurice Ways, KJ Williams, Artavis Scott
                          TE: Ian Blunting
                          OL: Mason Cole, Juwan Bushell-Beatty

Defense

DT:
                          Bryan Mone, Malik McDowell
                          DE: Lawrence Marshall, & De'Shawn Hand
                          LB: Michael Ferns & Chase Winovich
                          CB: Jabrill Peppers, Parker Westphal
                          S: Kiy Hester & Montae Nicholson

Comment

• I'm only expecting a class of 18-19 and that is only about the amount of names on my board. They'll take a 3rd OL, probably only take 2-3 DB's and yes, I did 'bold' Jabrill Peppers DB (5*, NJ). ;)

Running blind on safeties and running back. I don't think they land anyone on the my board but put names there to fill dead space. M is 'in' on all of them but I don't think any of them are terribly high on M for now. That can change if and when they take a visit...

M is pushing hard for Artavis Scott WR, he'd be near a 5* recruit if he were a few inches taller.

Comment

• I am bummed about Alex Bars ... more so that he went to chickens.

Comment

• Don't care about ND with them off the schedule soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X