Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know. However, Lattimore was being discussed.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent: A question much more important than whether or not Lattimore is going to commit to Michigan, is whether or not you have named your poodle. The Michigan Forum has been discussing, since yesterday, the pros and cons of giving your pet (or even your plants) a name.

A place to discuss CFB other than Michigan. During the season, it will serve as a commentary for games throughout CFB.

Please weigh in...
      Last edited by Rob F; August 9, 2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• "Mike Hunt?"
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; August 9, 2013, 06:42 PM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Staff wanted a 4th LB, went after Wangler after they weren't confident in Williams and Swain chose TCU.

Comment

• But why take an undersized kid whose biggest contribution will probably come on special teams? He isn't tall or long, and he isn't very fast. John Runyan Jr. did not have a very impressive offer list. Is Brady going to offer every legacy kid? Tyrone Wheatley Jr. is the only one who looks impressive.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The coaches have earned my trust when it comes to recruiting. And everything else really. Does reinforce the family idea. Plus he's got some three stars. Kovacs was a walk on. Jake MF Ryan was unheralded. Who knows how he'll play out.

Comment

• Coaching staff likes his talent, which is why they offered. He played last season at about 200 lbs is why he doesn't have much in terms of offers. In the one camp he went to this summer, he was mentioned by some experts as the top LB, wasn't able to attend others due to a hernia injury.

Comment

• He is expected to grow into the WLB spot. He plays safety now.

Comment

• If he plays with the guts and determination his dad played with, we got a good player. After Lawrence Taylor nearly ripped John Wangler's leg off at the knee in the Gator Bowl, the doctors wondered if Wangler would even walk again, much less play football. Just over a year later, Wangler led the Wolverines to Bo Schembechler's first Rose Bowl victory.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 4 LB'ers are more than I'd like in a class with small numbers (I'd guess 20) but they apparently liked him enough to offer, knowing he'd likely jump at the offer. There isn't a lot of information to go on to make a proper evaluation of him so I'm withholding judgement and trusting the coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        Is Brady going to offer every legacy kid? Tyrone Wheatley Jr. is the only one who looks impressive.
                        If you are going to have 3* filler in a class, might as well be a legacy.
                        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• The evals of Wangler are all over the place. I have seen the positive evals state that he is very good in coverage, diagnoses plays quickly, gets to the ball fast, is a good and powerful tackler, is coach able and works hard. The negatives are his height, experience at lb and where his position will be. Offer list is odd, some MAC schools, Yale, Penn State, LSU and UM. So who knows?

Runyon Jr. Is a 2015 kid and an o-lineman, so the evals and offers aren't going to be complete. It is probably too early to tell how good he is right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by paul daugherity View Post
                            The evals of Wangler are all over the place. I have seen the positive evals state that he is very good in coverage, diagnoses plays quickly, gets to the ball fast, is a good and powerful tackler, is coach able and works hard. The negatives are his height, experience at lb and where his position will be. Offer list is odd, some MAC schools, Yale, Penn State, LSU and UM. So who knows?

Runyon Jr. Is a 2015 kid and an o-lineman, so the evals and offers aren't going to be complete. It is probably too early to tell how good he is right now.
                            Why did it take so long to offer Wangler? Because he's a fall back option. Anyway, he loves Michigan, and he'll work very hard. He could be another pleasant surprise. If it's too early to evaluate Runyan Jr. because he's going to be a high school junior, why was he offered? If I'm Stan Edwards, I'm wondering why my kid wasn't saved a spot.
                            Last edited by Rocky Bleier; August 10, 2013, 07:38 PM.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Or it could be he's a late bloomer (namely physically), the Wangler played his junior year ~200 lb's and played safety. Put a ton of work into getting bigger and overworked himself to the point of a hernia and due to that injury, missed every camp that would get recruits noticed but one (where some named him the top LB.)

I think this is a situation where none of us really don't have a good read at all on him and neither do the recruiting services, he could be a very good but slightly undersized LB prospect like the M coaching staff thinks or he could be just a mediocre prospect given the benefit of the doubt since he's a legacy who bounces between LB->FB before discovering he doesn't have a position. Given the talent the coaches are in on for their precious few scholarships left in the '14 class, I don't think they waste one unless they really like his talent level. M is in a position of strength in terms of availability of scholarships.
                              Last edited by WM Wolverine; August 10, 2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• I'll bet that Wangler is a guy that RichRod would have swung for and missed.

Comment

Working...
                                X