This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re dual threat QBs.......

Gardner, if he continues to develop beyond the amazing skill set he showed against ND, is going to be a unique college football QB. He's already getting a lot of positive press from NFL scouts.

Still, I'm fine with guys like Morris and the kind of offense Hokeorges are building towards.

I'm not an expert on the NFL but, aside from Vick and GRIII, maybe a few others who are not on anyone's radar right now, QBs like Brady, Flacco and Rivers come to mind as excellent QBs before guys like Young and Pryor who's skill set seems to have been pushed to the back burner.

Moreover, the injury risk is so high with QBs that run a lot, I just don't see that kind of offense being a good bet long term.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 12, 2013, 12:59 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm fine with the traditional guys if we can run the ball like Alabama or the old USC. I don't want Denard or Kain Colter, but I like the extra dimension a QB with escapabilty provides.

Seattle: What do you mean by "variable?"
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        I like the extra dimension a QB with escapabilty provides.

You mean like in the mold of a John Navarre!!
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• What I mean is that hoke would prefer to average 6 yards per play by getting a long play of 8 yards and a short play of 4 yards.

Someone like RichRod would prefer to average 7 yards with a long of 80 yards and a short of -5 yards.

RichRod then tries to speed up the game and run lots of plays so that there is more chances for the big plays to outweigh the bad plays. Hoke and co try to run fewer plays because they have a higher return and don't need the volume to even out the volatility.
          To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
            What I mean is that hoke would prefer to average 6 yards per play by getting a long play of 8 yards and a short play of 4 yards.

Someone like RichRod would prefer to average 7 yards with a long of 80 yards and a short of -5 yards.

RichRod then tries to speed up the game and run lots of plays so that there is more chances for the big plays to outweigh the bad plays. Hoke and co try to run fewer plays because they have a higher return and don't need the volume to even out the volatility.
            Borges loves getting it in chunks.

This is also the Barry Sanders argument.

Comment

• no recruiting news since September 13?

Comment

• Not really. Visitor lists for games are somewhat interesting, watch who visits for home games in the '15 class.

Comment

• I'm beginning to think that we need a Messiah!

Comment

• Da Geezer has found religion. hallelujah!!!

Comment

• Amen brother Rob. Just remember the name Messiah.

BTW: just heard a stat that I found interesting. In the last 3 NFL drafts, in rounds one and two (that makes 6 rounds total, you State fans), Alabama has had the most men drafted with 13. Second is UNC with 8. We are bitching about UM's performance this year. Imagine how the UNC fans must feel.

Comment

• I found this video interesting. Article is self-explanatory, but this is a 5* dual threat QB who does not have a UM offer but still lists UM as one of his top two. I say give him a chance, and if he cannot cut it at QB, you still have a 6'4" 220 lb athlete. He wants to be the next Tom Brady.

The Michigan Wolverines must land a quarterback in the 2015 recruiting class. Brady Hoke and his coaching staff are likely to be selective in the process of evaluating prospects, ...

Comment

• Looking at that video, I say if he's interested in Michigan, they need to find a way to offer him. Offer him as an athlete, and promise him he'll get a look at QB.

According to the article, Michigan is 'one of many" for the other targets in that class, so this kid looks like he'd be a super Plan B.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            Looking at that video, I say if he's interested in Michigan, they need to find a way to offer him. Offer him as an athlete, and promise him he'll get a look at QB.

According to the article, Michigan is 'one of many" for the other targets in that class, so this kid looks like he'd be a super Plan B.

I don't know much about all of this. But, I saw an interview of Nick Saban about a week or so ago on ESPN I think. Anyway, he responded to a question about his success and how he does it, his philosophy, or something along those lines. He listed 4 or 5 things that he says he does and, while I do not remember them all, one of the things he mentioned was that he "recruits to position." I think that's a pretty accurate quote but, if not, very close. So, I get curious when I hear a lot about recruiting athletes or recruting a guy who can play this position or that position. Now, I'm not a Saban/SEC fan mind you but is there something to what he says. Others in the know may say he doesn't practice what he preaches. I don't know. But, for those in the know, how does M stack up with respect to Saban's comment.

Comment

• Well, Molk was center in HS. I've always said we should recruit a center.

On the other hand, Saban takes a lot of QBs because that is the most important position and most HS teams put their best player at QB.

Comment

• Just reading at mgoblog regards our talent or lack of talent at center. There certainly was a lot of talk-ok, some talk-about a juco for a back up QB. Would looking to a jc for a tested center be something that M might consider to fill this void?

Comment

Working...
                                X