Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After this season, I'm not that worried about the position. Glasgow will have a year's experience under his belt and Patrick Kugler (being redshirted this season while he recovers from off-season surgery [shoulder, I believe?]) is the center of the future. I believe Kugler was a high 4* coming in.

Comment

• Replacing the OT's will be the concern in the short-term.

Comment

• UM Football Recruiting... Does it really matter?
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
          UM Football Recruiting... Does it really matter?
          No, at this point I doubt it does. They get these kids to Michigan and turn them over to the likes of Funk and Borges on offense.

Nope. Doesn't matter.

In fact, this s***fest keeps up and some of those kids that have given verbal commitments will be backing out.

Comment

• If we're lucky, a new staff has a stocked cupboard.

Comment

• Yes it matters, Mattison needs talent like McDowell & Hand if he wants to just rush 4 and put seven in coverage...

Borges also needs five future NFL lineman if he wants to run in down the other teams throat when they put 8-10 players in the box. More importantly, he needs a QB he can trust to throw the ball. This teams issue as much as any is Borges/Hoke doesn't trust Gardner to throw the ball when that is the only thing it's good at.

Comment

• To be fair, if Borges is expected to succeed what he really and truly needs is the opposing DC to be kidnapped before the games and not released until after them.

(Srsly, PSU has 61 scholarship players and just beat us. And you're saying that the answer is better recruiting? Come on now...)

Comment

• Year 3 but only 2 recruiting classes of Hoke's, 2 of RR's (both near disasters) and 1 in which can be credited to Dave Brandon's 'process.'

Comment

• Liney, essentially the essence of every Bucknut post, how long will this stand?

It's even a Bucknut bye yet DSL circles like a vulture.
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 12, 2013, 10:41 PM.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• the only thing different between them and Rich Rod is Hoke had the good sense to get a good DC. And the good fortune to be considered a "Michigan Man".

And he recruits. But, yeah. Basically. What a shitshow. Hoke wasn't ready to coach Michigan when he was hired. If he was ever going to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                        Liney, essentially the essence of every Bucknut post, how long will this stand?

It's even a Bucknut bye yet DSL circles like a vulture.
                        We already don't know whether pigs can fly, but poodles?

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                          This teams issue as much as any is Borges/Hoke doesn't trust Gardner to throw the ball when that is the only thing it's good at.
                          I didn't really think about that. I wondered why Al De-Borges was stubbornly charging his Light Brigade into the valley of Death. But it's is obvious that he didn't trust Devin to throw.

Comment

• Fourth-year junior. Five-star prospect. Not his first year as a starter. Fumbles it just like his predecessor did. Throws stupendously terrible interceptions just like his predecessor did. IMO the question is whether Borges should be trusted with another year developing Gardner's heir apparent, and the answer is a very clear NO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                              I didn't really think about that. I wondered why Al De-Borges was stubbornly charging his Light Brigade into the valley of Death. But it's is obvious that he didn't trust Devin to throw.
                              And he shouldn't.

Got to figure out how to run the ball.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• If they coulda, they woulda.

Comment

Working...
                                X