This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand isn't the #1 overall recruit.

But, it's a big loss for M more along the perception lines. Hoke and M needed a win of any kind and instead they lost out on a top 10 kid they had pole position on for the last 6 months.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Suh at Nebraska. Emtman at Washington. Sometimes one player on the field is the one who makes the difference.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        Suh at Nebraska. Emtman at Washington. Sometimes one player on the field is the one who makes the difference.
        Woodson at Michigan...

Comment

• Agreed that its more the need for a good headline than the void we will see in the lineup.

Comment

• Yes, and McDowell would soften the blow a bit, even though they aren't the same type player.

Comment

• Or tighten the noose if he doesn't.

Comment

• Yyyyyyyyup! Specially if he winds up in EL.

Comment

• WELL, if we could just raise our academic quality to that of Alabama's we might have had a shot to land him. Alas, that is not the case...

Comment

• In hindsight the whole education weighing huge in his decision thing was laughable. We wanted to believe that in hopes of landing him because the thought of it coming down to football was...unthinkable, considering that Alabama is 100 times the program Michigan is. What's the overall W/L in AA since the RR era began? Saban and Hand lol'd at the thought of it.

Hand probably knew all along he wasn't coming to Mich and if he was, this stench (oops I mean stretch) of UM football sealed the deal:

vs Akron (W 28-24)
                    at UConn (W 24-21)
                    vs Minn (W 42-13)
                    at Penn St (L 43-40)
                    vs Indiana (W 63-47)
                    at State (L 29-6)
                    vs Nebraska (L, 17-13)
                    Last edited by Niffla; November 14, 2013, 09:55 PM.
                    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• I think the moment we heard about Alabama's academic strength in engineering, that was the definitive sign. So I don't think, given the timing, that it was about this recent string of losses. Maybe Akron/UConn was influential.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                        Gardner looked unable to make basic QB reads, afraid to let the ball fly and unable to make the tough throws. Surely some of this is due to the beatings he is taking because the oLine sucks badly but some of it is a lack of ability and character too.
                        Ability, maybe. Character, I just don't see. He graduated early off the field and willingly changed positions on the field to try and help the team last year.

Comment

• Yeah I didn't get the character shot either.
                          AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• UM Football Recruiting - by WM Wolverine

Good kid who has given up a bit. Character isn't the right word but he obviously is letting adversity limit his will to try.
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I don't think he looks like the same player he did a month ago, he doesn't look quite as explosive or as quick as he did. The beatings he takes every Saturday imo are affecting his performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
                                Good kid who has given up a bit. Character isn't the right word but he obviously is letting adversity limit his will to try.
                                Obviously. The internet is crawling with screenshots in which we run Fitz into a 9-man front, but that's just for fools.

Comment

Working...
                                X