Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beating the Heat and the Pacers on the road this month should remedy that type of thinking.

Lots of flexibility with the roster too.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
      re: Dave Brandon... He's doing his job, fund raising from the big money boosters. He's trying to make the M 'brand' more valuable while attempting to get as much revenue from the revenue sports as possible, all while building up all the rest the athletic programs (and their facilities) in the athletic department. I'd agree there is collateral damage done, e.g. pricing a lot of fans out of games but that is going on everywhere else too; not just M... Supply/demand, if demand goes down, the prices for those tickets will drop too.
      I don't agree with this. Brandon made a point when he fired Rodriguez to return the Michigan football program to its roots. He is responsible for the outcome he has fashioned.

I don't care about his fund raising capability. I care about what Michigan Football has become during a decade long free fall, a good deal of that under his leadership.

I can think of several instances where if he owned a pair, he would have stood up and demanded performance from persons he hired. He didn't and the program is where it is now because he failed in his leadership role. Don't make me go down the list of ADs at other institutions that had the balls to take decisive action when individuals failed to perform.

This is the big time. It requires big time leadership that produces performance. Brandon shapes the culture of the programs he is responsible for. So far, there is a lack of performance in the football program that can be traced to identifiable reasons. By allowing mediocrity Brandon institutionalizes it.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• My overall problem with Big Blue is that it's hard to imagine how this defense is this bad. Seriously I'd hate to look at comparisons to see how they stack up to the rich rod years. We can't stop anyone
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• What fucking Michigan fan calls them Big Blue?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            My overall problem with Big Blue is that it's hard to imagine how this defense is this bad. Seriously I'd hate to look at comparisons to see how they stack up to the rich rod years. We can't stop anyone
            It's still been much better than the RR years. This season was easily the worst of the 3 under Mattison and it was on par with RR's first season with Scott Schafer as DC, by far the greatest defense of the RR era. The last couple seasons were light years better than anything with the stuffed animal guy.

Comment

• I was pleased to read Sam Webb's column this morning (sorry if I'm late to the party on this) about Jabril Peppers reconfirming his commitment to Michigan. He also has designs on wearing C. Woodson's #2 jersey. Woodson says he's fine with it.

So, at least a tad of good news on the recruiting front.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That is good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                  What fucking Michigan fan calls them Big Blue?
                  My grandfather used to say it and for some reason I do the same. Sorry if it offends you.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                    My grandfather used to say it and for some reason I do the same. Sorry if it offends you.
                    I don't think it offends anyone. The term Big Blue refers to IBM.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "Big Blue" has been around for a while. Where it came from or when it was first used I don't know but I've heard it over the years. Other sports teams are more well known for that name though but I'm sure you can google examples of people referring to UofM as "Big Blue".
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I'm not offended but I agree it's not appropriate.

Comment

• Definitely not offended(impossible), but doesn't apply to UM.

Comment

• Are we still talking about this?

Pussies
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Big pussies.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                Big pussies.
                                That's just not appropriate there.. Big pussy is a character from Sopranos.

lol
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X