Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome! I had him pegged as a Spartan...

Malzone out-recruited Barnett, Narduzzi, and Blackwell?

This one may not be over.
    Last edited by Rocky Bleier; July 26, 2014, 07:21 PM.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• It's over...

Thyriq Thompson looks Sparty though but I don't like him as much as the recruiting services based on the limited highlight tape I've seen. There are much better LB options out there who are longer shots or LB's who might emerge later. They did take 4 LB's in last years class (though Furbush looks like a potential SDE to me) so the need isn't exactly great imo, especially if this LB class gets mostly all redshirted....

Needs left:

DL, DL, DL, OL and RB

Comment

• WM

On the OL, what do we need? Interior or outside?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Always prefer outside but in the last class Cole played tackle at the same level as most freshman and other than Magnuson... Beatty looks like a tackle,and Runyan is certainly an interior guy. Of the class of 12, Tuley Tillman is a project tackle (needs allot of development) and Dawson could play either, wherever there is more need most likely. The rest look like the class of 12 appear to be interior lineman. In short, I always want outside guys who have little issue moving inside over an inside offensive lineman.

Comment

• I'd agree with that except for Centers. Those guys have to have the intelligence to run the offense so, they are probably separate from the scouting, signing and development of G's or T's
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• WM .. you keep up on this stuff better than I do so I'm going to be asking a few questions as the season approaches.

Jeff brings up a good point. Who are we looking at for center this year, and do you have any ideas on who Michigan may be looking at on the recruiting trails that may be a center prospect?

I believe that center is the most important lineman on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                It's over...
                WM,

Why so confident? I was reading the Duffy Daugherty forum yesterday after Cole verballed, and the kids over there were sure Cole would go their way because of the Cole family's relationship with Blackwell. What happens after a kid verbals? Does he get inundated with phone calls from other coaches? I'm concerned that there are still 6 months left until signing day.

Also, Roy Manning continues to shine as a recruiter. He's from Saginaw, and Cole said he feels like he has know Manning all his life.
                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; July 27, 2014, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Michigan has a fairly well established pipeline to Saginaw area talent. Lamar Woodley, Shonte Peoples, and many others have made their way to Ann Arbor out of the Saginaw area, and not only in football, but in basketball as well. One of the classiest guys to ever wear a Michigan uniform, the late Tom Slade, was from Saginaw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                    WM......What happens after a kid verbals? Does he get inundated with phone calls from other coaches? I'm concerned that there are still 6 months left until signing day.
                    As well ...... the shit that goes on after a kid says this is where I'd like to go to school and play football disgusts me. It comes from fans, from boosters (probably a lot from boosters and we have no idea to what extent) and from coaches. It needs to be stopped.

Many coaches have said the same. There needs to be an early signing period, a window that opens, then closes. When that happens the kid gets left alone. If he is contacted, by anyone from the outside, under an NCAA rule, he should be bound to report it to his coaches. Then that outsider gets publically outed. If he's a coach, he gets fined. If someone else .... well, can't do much about it except expose him and the internet may take care of the rest.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; July 27, 2014, 01:46 PM.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hoke has flipped his share of recruits. Sometimes a kid decommits because he finally receives an offer from his dream school, or maybe word gets out that he's just a soft verbal. Those situations are tolerable. Then there's someone like Urban who'll continue to harass a kid though he's given another school his verbal - Kyle Kalis. I wouldn't answer the phone or just hang up when he identifies himself.

Comment

• Who's who?

Comment

• DeWeaver, Kinnel, Kirkland, Taylor, Malzone.

Comment

• I really wish Brand-On would scale back the Legacy Jersey thing. Keep it to the Homecoming game if he doesn't want to take away from added jersey sales.

Comment

• Patrick Kugler is the center of the future though he might be a year away with Glasgow keeping that spot... Glasgow made the least mistakes of any interior lineman last season and is a good bet to remain a starter...

As for current centers they are recruiting, I don't know of any...

re: Tyriq Thompson, I have a sense he's a Spartan unless he flipped this weekend and he had already had a decision date before this weekend. M has a chance with him given the weekends BBQ but I'm far from optimistic.

Comment

• Congrats on Cole. Hokattimeier can still recruit!
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X