Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good thing Jay Harbaugh was not the coach involved.

Matteson has been in hundreds of homes. I doubt he said anything that he has not said many times before. Talent is correct. I bet about 95% of scholarship athletes in the B10 wouldn't qualify without sports. And Neal is out-of-state kid too; making it even more selective. When UNL joined, the concern was that they were not up to B10 standards academically

Comment

• Maybe Mattison ought to be asking that question to the mirror.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
        Do need to know the context, I suppose. Doesn't make sense that Mattison would just throw out that comment unsolicited.
        Probably true. If he said it how the dad said it, it's still not all that bad. Tactless, maybe. However, he was entirely truthful.

Comment

• This is just a weird recruiting thing that probably doesn't mean much other than "shit happens".

Comment

• Good that it happened with a three-star.

Comment

• Per Twitter, and now in the correct thread, T Wheatley Jr. made it on campus today for his official visit.

Comment

• Much ado about nothing. Typical of the last few weeks of the recruiting cycle and before NSD.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• DeWeaver decommitts

Comment

• Probably a smart move by the young man. He committed way early, sees the cards playing out with JH's needs in his QBs and decided Michigan with Harbaugh wasn't in his best interests.

Another program (MSU? remaining offers not that great) may make him a featured QB and not recruit around him. Pretty clear Harbaugh wants competition at the QB position (looking at two 2016 QBs now) and that wasn't for him either.

Best of luck to the kid.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ...not gonna question The Harbaugh .... nope .... not gonna do it ......
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The "competition" angle is blah. Every kids knows they're going to have to compete hard to get on the field.

deWeaver is, according to the 247 Composite, a lower 4* QB, #14 in Ohio and #14 Pro Style recruit for his class. It's not like he's bad (even though I have questions about him based strictly on Trotwood).

But, I guess this goes along with the "5-stars will be begging to play for JH meme." Heh.

It's far, far, far more likely that a 2016 kid that committed to an entirely different staff decided that wasn't for him. Or Harbaugh politely told him he didn't want him. Either way. I highly doubt it was because the kid was afraid of competing.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh man, the Mgo thread on this is fantastic. The talk of flipping Eason is worth the price of admission.

I'm reminded, once again, of how relatively sane you idiots are!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Oh man, the Mgo thread on this is fantastic. The talk of flipping Eason is worth the price of admission.

I'm reminded, once again, of how relatively sane you idiots are!
                            ..... and this is why you hang out here, minimal idiot factor.

You're right about mgoboard. I think I saw two reasonable posts out of a 100 or so that said there was no way Eason was going to get flipped. That is a correct assessment.

Comment

• I've said as much, Buchanan. This forum is so small that you aren't operating with the standard cross-section of college sports fans, i.e. -- 85% blathering idiot homers. Somehow or another, this forum has winnowed itself down to relatively rational folks. That makes it a great place to keep informed on M as well as discuss other B10 stuff.

I would rate an Eason flip as unlikely. My guess is that JH pushes hard for Costello. He's not getting both and one of them is firmly uncommitted. He'll push on Eason because it increases his chances of getting a top-shelf QB, but at the end of the day he's Georgia (IMO).

Depending on the space, deWeaver would have been a nice pairing with a top 5 QB.

Comment

• Don't quite get the DeWeaver commit. He's not a prototypical Oregon QB and with Hoke gone the team is going to get better. Where the hell else is he going to go?

Comment

Working...
                                X