Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't give a shit. You break the rules you break the rules. Michigan broke the rules.

Comment

• Is anyone disputing that?

Comment

• Things are getting saucy in here.

Any verbals? Any Sam Webb "gut feelings"?

Comment

• Did anyone here who is pontificating on Truman or Churchill and their decisions, (or using loaded phrases like "terrorism from the skys") actually FIGHT in WWII? At the time the Bomb was dropped, estimates were that 2 million American soldiers and 2 million Japs would die in the invasion of Japan, and the Japs also said they would kill another 1 million American POWs. That doesn't count civilians.

Do you realize that in 1944, most of the professional athletes were in the military? I understand the football/war analogy and have no problem with it. I do have a problem with criticism of Truman or Churchill and their conduct of WWII.

Comment

• Okay gentlemen. Back to recruiting talk now.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Thank fucking god.

Comment

• I think it'll be pretty slow recruiting till the week of the BBQ (end of July), M has more than a few recruits on the recruiting board who are looking at making decisions; 'before their season' which is usually about the first week of September.

Comment

• 0905, Wednesday, July 13th ..... just finished a box of pop-corn.

Gotta go to work now.

heh ..... heh.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Criticizing Carr for his treatment of the press is pretty silly. Let's face it, the press is f'ing annoying. Yeah, they are just doing their jobs and yeah, they have the right to do so, and yeah, people want to hear what they have to say. All that being said, they are annoying as hell, and for every one or two press people that are great and ask good questions, there are another 2 or 3 that are idiots that ask idiotic questions. Carr was pretty harsh on the idiots, no question, but I honestly didn't care. Don't want Carr on your case? Don't ask dumb questions. End of story. It was more entertaining than listening to the same coachspeak answer for every question like some guys give.

As for Carr quitting because he "couldn't get it done", his 2006 team would beg to differ. Even though they didn't finish the deal, they were 11-0 and ranked #2 going into the OSU game. Every school in the country would take that. 2007 was a cursed year, and there is no question that recruiting was suffering, but the idea that Carr couldn't coach anyone is silly. Especially if you believe rumors that he was pretty sick during at least some of that time (unknown if that is true).

It was probably time for Carr to go, but to paint him as some sort of loser is pretty silly.

Comment

• Never said he was a loser. Just that his record was not commensurate with the talent he had at his disposal.

Comment

• I loved Lloyd's treatment of the press. I liked the way Bill Parcells treated the press even more. Screw 'em. Rosenberg, Sharp, Carty are all douche bags.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The discussion has moved on I think, so I'm happy to leave it at agree-to-disagree. Or we can move it to another thread if you guys care to.

Comment

• We'll since I'm the dirty rotten bastard who started this ...... go to The Team ......
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Det news said Richardson tweeted him and Jenkins-stone are taking recruiting visits...how much of a concern is this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Mallory View Post
                                Det news said Richardson tweeted him and Jenkins-stone are taking recruiting visits...how much of a concern is this?
                                Next to none

Comment

Working...
                                X