This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    No, but the reason you disagreed with the JH tweet, is because you knew in doing so, you'd be raising the hackles of all the Michigan fans in here.
    I wasn't trying to raise anyone's hackles. I just didn't care if I did. And if someone is obsessed with defending every little thing he says or does at any cost, that's not my problem.
    Last edited by Kstat; February 8, 2015, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• Referring to Jim Harbaugh's persona as a 'cartoon character' is rather offensive. I don't think you would want to say that at Michigan Stadium on game day.

Comment

• Well he came off as a cartoon character in his tweet. Calling a spade a spade.

By the way, threatening me with actual physical violence is really helping your case. I'm very intimidated.
        Last edited by Kstat; February 8, 2015, 01:06 AM.

Comment

• And if someone is obsessed with defending every little thing he says or does at any cost, that's not my problem.
          I don't think we've seen any of that from the Michigan fans here. What I've seen is a classic troll rant attempting to anger the Michigan fans here and goad them into a silly argument. That's okay. We've had short term trolls like you in here, and we've got trolls who have been with us for nearly 2 decades. (yes, its been that long)

I think the consensus among Michigan fans regarding Harbaugh's tweet was that there is general agreement that the OlieO football program has been based on lies for a very long time now, and they take pride in it.

Harbaugh's tweet simply called a spade a spade.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Take it easy there Francis, nobody is threatening you with physical violence. Just some good advice, then again I know you want to keep your keyboard muscles going .

Comment

• Harbaugh stuck his nose where it didn't belong. A kid got conned into locking himself in to a school he might not want to play for. It's a shitty situation and not at all funny. It's everything wrong with major college football. Everyone knows Ohio state has egg on its face without Jim Harbaugh doing a victory lap out of schadenfreude.

I expect better from the head coach and highest paid employee at the University of Michigan, but apparenly I think better of Michigan than you do.

Harbaugh can set a better example and still win football games. There are lines he has to cross for sure, but that wasn't one of them.
              Last edited by Kstat; February 8, 2015, 01:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                I'm pretty sure the world won't end because I disagreed with a jim Harbaugh tweet. This isn't a cult.
                No, by anointing yourself as a credible critic of Jim Harbaugh, you distance yourself from the nature of what he brings (actually returns) to Michigan football. A fighting spirit. A tireless warrior who never quits.

It takes courage to lead. You lead from the front. You get out front mentally by challenging the status quo in thought, by word and then you back it up with action. That's Harbaugh in a nut-shell. His entire professional career has been about that and yet you disparage his first steps to re-engage the enemy.

That's fine. You're entitled to your opinion but you mark yourself among those that don't understand the nature of the osu/M rivalry; the pussies that for a decade thought M football was OK, set the bar low and tolerated Lloyd Carr's decline and his subsequent damaging interference in the program, RR's tears, Josh Grobin, Al Borges and Hoke's clapping. They were good guys. Decent men. Adults, all of them ....... and they created a decade of losing, pussified Michigan football that M's traditional rivals identified as such and that history will mark as the worst period in M football history.

I'm for following JH's call to battle.

Go ahead, hang with that crowd of adults who want to stay in the trenches and hide. Apparently you belong among them.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm well aware of the nature of the Michigan/OSU rivalry. Bo didn't need to act like a smarmy teenager to beat woody.

Being aggressive in promoting and protecting your team and your kids is admirable. This was not that. Acting like a child in every way you conduct yourself is not immune to criticism because you coach a football team.

Comment

• but apparenly (sic) I think better of Michigan than you do.
                    I can say with 100% accuracy that this is a false statement.

There is absolutely no dishonor in anything that Harbaugh said in his tweet. He stated a truth. When you build on a foundation of lies, it will one day be exposed. Its now being shouted from the rooftops.

Of course, this isn't a problem in ohio. To them winning is the only thing that matters. If they win, the means by which the winning was attained, are meaningless.

"If we had to lie to keep a good RB away from Michigan, then so be it" That's the message, and it has the full approval of their entire fan base.

And if that hurts their itty-bitty feelings come November, then so be it. Michigan and Harbaugh will be on the field waiting for them.

Comment

• Now he's acting like a smarmy teenager? Another insult, I doubt very seriously you would be talking to a group of Michigan fans like that face to face.

Comment

• It's not his school. More importantly, it's not his kid. Mike weber has had a Shitty enough week without Harbaugh rubbing his nose in it.

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        Now he's acting like a smarmy teenager? Another insult, I doubt very seriously you would be talking to a group of Michigan fans like that face to face.
                        I'm extremely frightened.

Comment

• Harbaugh isn't rubbing Weber's nose in anything.

Anyone with a elementary reading level can comprehend that Harbaugh's tweet was a jab at ohio.

Of course, you can choose to ignore that, as well as other facts you've ignored as well. Its fine with me.

Comment

• It's a jab at a situation that directly involves a kid that got screwed by the system. Anyone with elementary reasoning skills can see that.

Of course he's taking a jab at Ohio. He's also calling weber a sucker by default.

Comment

• I'm extremely frightened.

lmao

Im sure you would have to go sit somewhere (all by yourself) like you did at the Tiger game.

We both know what really would terrify you, not getting in the last word (right or wrong). Go have it....

Comment

• He's also calling weber a sucker by default.
                                No, he's not.

That's something that you have chosen to read into it for whatever your reasons are.

If you've followed Harbaugh's career for any length of time whatsoever, you know he doesn't do that to players. He's always been highly respected by his players, everywhere he's coached.

Has he jabbed opposing coaches? Yes, he has. He even jabbed his brother John, before his 49ers played the Ravens. I love it.

I can't wait until he goes after Dantonio. He's very easily offended, so it should be classic.

Comment

Working...
                                X