Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's great news Talent, you unblocked me.

Nice work Geezer, made Talent your poodle bitch Fifi and now he's got fleas.
    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Heh

I'm not going to go over the whole Fork Union scam that OSU set up in the 80s and 90s. It is on the other thread starting at post 710 or so, and all Fifi can do is make personal attacks, but no rebuttal. Plaxico Burris, Carlos Hyde and Eddie George went through this process (along with 50 or so others I name individually in the other thread).

Must be a slow day in the bureaucracy for an AG to post three consecutive posts. The irony is that I am among the tiny minority of UM fans who wants UM to cheat too. That is how this all started. I want JUCO's accepted to UM. The reason I brought up the UNC case is that the NCAA is now on record as saying they do not care if the student-athlete gets an education or not. That's the news today. And this all started with me wondering why Cardell Jones is 23 years old, and still has eligibility.

Comment

• Gentlemen

Lets bring the conversation back to Michigan Football Recruiting please.

Thanks.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• First, let me say, Fuck osu .........

Then, let me add, talk that there is some kind of dark scenario involving collusion between any number of BT coaches to sink M is loser talk. As well, if you have been paying attention, there is very little corroborated evidence that there is some kind of egregious cheating going on at MSU or osu. Unseemly behavior in the eyes of the purest M fans? Maybe. But that's about it. Whining otherwise is, once again, loser talk.

Case in point: Everyone files Federal Income Taxes, right? If you don't take advantage of every possible legal loop hole to minimize your tax liability you are an idiot. If you are passive about your income tax exposure during the tax year preceding your filing and you just let Uncle Sam take, take and take, out of every pay-check, you're a sucker. Without limiting your tax liability every payday you're giving a huge free loan to the Feds. Dumb.

There are obvious parallels here between MSU and osu that have been characterized as simply members of the SEC North and Michigan who is characterized as never cheating and being ambivalent about optimizing its football program.

In other words with regard to the revenue college sports, there are schools run by smart people that optimize the probability of huge return on investment where they can and, then again, there is (or was, I hope) Michigan. Schlissel, Hackett and Harbaugh seem to understand the importance of optimization.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 2, 2015, 08:07 PM.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops
            ........ Gus Malzahn is peeved at General Harbaugh for going to camps in Alabama and Florida. It seems the SEC can't do it and they want all the other conferences to do the same. ..... That's great.
            What is absolutely entertaining about all of this is that the SEC schools have multiple advantages conferred upon them by the Conference office, none of which, the conference is willing to give up to level the field despite being asked, behind closed doors, to do.

Now JH wants to recruit in Malzahn's back yard and he's whining about it.

Fuck you, Gus.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 24/7 reports that QB Brandon Peters has committed to Michigan.

Not bad work by Harbaugh, with a 2 week crack at recruiting, JH steals #4 pro-style QB Zack Gentry from Texas and now #7 pro-style QB Peters.
              Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh & his staff secured a weekend verbal from Avon (Ind.) High Top247 QB Brandon Peters, who gave his word in person while in town for the spring game.
              Last edited by Prime2; April 3, 2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• The QB position will not be a problem at Michigan, going forward. Those days are over.

Comment

• and fuck the NCAA. Talent should even agree.

I hate the NCAA. Can somebody explain to me how this gives OSU any kind of competitive edge on anybody. Just like UM getting written up for too much time in the weight room or whatever happened. Meanwhile, Auburn delivers $ 150,000 to Cam Newton's father, Newton transfers from a JUCO to Auburn, Auburn wins the national championship, and Newton goes pro.

And today the NCAA files a brief specifically saying that athletic scholarships are not meant to imply that the recipient is going to get an education.

Comment

• Braxton Miller is a dumbass for that. Even if there's a grey area where he didn't mention anything what's the risk and reward for it?
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      The QB position will not be a problem at Michigan, going forward. Those days are over.
                      Add stopgap Jake Rudock's transfer from Iowa to Michigan and Harbaugh is well on his way to repairing the RR/Hoke damage over the last 7 years.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...scue/70773652/

You know not long ago, DSL & Talent were gleefully relishing the possibility that the transfer may have stalled or perhaps Harbaugh was unable to land him? Or when Hoke and Nussmeier botched Costello"s visit to Ann Arbor while Harbaugh was still coaching in the NFL?

I guess JH didn't get Talent's memo.
                      Last edited by Prime2; April 4, 2015, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• Well, the "laughing at" Michigan football is about to come to an abrupt halt.

By the time kickoff rolls around in Utah, the quarterback spot at Michigan will no longer be a problem. Next year at this time, it will be the most promising position on the team.

Comment

• Let's see what the QBs look like today before we trumpet the end of the QB problem at M.

I have no doubt JH is a great QB scouter and developer. But every QB on the roster right now is nothing more than unmolded clay and in the case of Morris, he may be damaged material.

One thing we do know is that Harbugh absolutely honed in on M's biggest issue .... QBs. He's quickly turned a moribund situation into a very competitive one at that position. But we still haven't seen how that game plan is going to work out.

Comment

• Well, my optimism is based on numbers for the most part.

Right now, you have Morris, Speight and Malzone. If we were going to have to settle for one out of that group, I'd be very pessimistic, because Malzone has apparently come in and outshined the two upperclassmen. So, we'd be looking at a true freshman QB in the fall.

However, with the transfer of Rudock, and the signing of Gentry, this brings in a good mix of experience (Rudock) and future potential (Gentry)

Add those two to O'Korn, who will be eligible next year after working with the team this year, and suddenly, you have a fine mix of talent and experience, along with depth.

Finally, Brandon Peters commitment yesterday just makes it even better.

So, going forward, I see the QB position as a position of strength with each passing season.

So much better than the days of Sheridan, Threet and Forcier.

Comment

• "King Richard" will go even a little further this fine Easter weekend.

$500 bucks says Harbaugh wins a national title with one or more of these QBs on his roster.

+O'korn

Comment

• So, your saying Harbaugh will win an NC in the next 5 years?

I wonder what the probability of that is. I'd say it's pretty small. Moreover, there are so many factors, luck, the schedule, lack of injuries ........ everything has to fall in place.

I also think the likelihood of JH getting his team to a final four to make your bet a reasonable one, is going to have less to do with who is at QB than it does with other and highly variable factors.

Too many moving parts for me. talent?

Comment

Working...
                                X