Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As an outside observer it looks like a departure from the old way they did QBs. From the Moeller era on it seemed like there was an incumbent for like three years and they never recruited depth. They would zero in on recruits and generally not go after other prospects. I'm not sure if promises were made to not recruit anybody else but it sure felt like it.

For awhile there it was a good run of NFL qbs. But when there was an injury or the guy didn't pan out then you were screwed. It seems like the options will be vastly improved. Some of the QBs will transfer, but that's OK, that is how it is supposed to work.

Comment

• Who gets the credit for recruiting Tom Brady? As I recall Carr put more emphasis on Drew Henson when both were in the lineup. How much was Brady's recruitment the result of pure luck as opposed to recruiting savvy?

Comment

• Hoke recruited Brady.

Comment

• David Reese FB commits. He'll help in terms of recruiting others, especially his teammate Desmond Fitzpatrick WR.

Comment

• Don't know much about Reese. He's from the "other" Farmington school which is more known for baseball than football. Maybe WM can fill us in on his potential for Michigan.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Harbaugh uses his fullbacks and tight ends a lot and in a variety of ways. He uses both the FB and TE in motion to help the QB read the defense and tip their hands...

As for Reese, he's a FB, hard to get too excited about a FB. Mostly MAC schools were recruiting him for LB, other than Louisville. He's got the frame and athletic ability for the position, just needs coached up and time in the weight room.

Comment

• Kingston Davis commits to UM. 3* running back from Alabama

Comment

• Wow. Harbaugh's recruiting has been very unimpressive so far outside of the QB spot. Pulling in a crap 3* running back with a shit offer list is a RichRod move.

Comment

• Yeah but those are 3 very bright stars.
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      Wow. Harbaugh's recruiting has been very unimpressive so far outside of the QB spot. Pulling in a crap 3* running back with a shit offer list is a RichRod move.
                      I guess I have a similar feeling. I'm sure JH knows what he is looking for and what the staff can develop but, all "stars" aside, some of the committments do seem a bit lackluster. I know JH is casting a wide net but, as was discussed a bit upthread, what happens if a lot of the spaces are already taken when perhaps one of the bigger fish decides he would like to commit. I know it's a complicated process but it would be nice to perhaps see some bigger names (i.e offer lists or "stars") commit.

Comment

• Really love JH's approach to recruiting. He's using his eye for talent and, more importantly, eye for work ethic, dedication and other intangibles to identify some outstanding under-valued recruits. He'll also get his share of big-timers, but only those kids who are interested in the TEAM and not interested in shortcuts.

And nobody works harder than JH on the recruiting trail. Start of a very good class. The B10 East is going to be a bear.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Really love JH's approach to recruiting. He's using his eye for talent and, more importantly, eye for work ethic, dedication and other intangibles to identify some outstanding under-valued recruits. He'll also get his share of big-timers, but only those kids who are interested in the TEAM and not interested in shortcuts.

And nobody works harder than JH on the recruiting trail. Start of a very good class. The B10 East is going to be a bear.
                          That you for that. Appreciated.

To see that position articulated by our hated adversary is refreshing. I hope you mean it and I think you do.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Weekend Recruiting Winners
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Wow. Harbaugh's recruiting has been very unimpressive so far outside of the QB spot. Pulling in a crap 3* running back with a shit offer list is a RichRod move.
                              I'm going to give at least one full year before I criticize his recruiting efforts.

For my way of thinking, if Jim Harbaugh thought enough of a 3 star RB in the heart of Alabama to offer him a scholly, I'm fine with it.

Can we at least agree that Harbaugh has a good eye for talent?
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                I'm going to give at least one full year before I criticize his recruiting efforts.

For my way of thinking, if Jim Harbaugh thought enough of a 3 star RB in the heart of Alabama to offer him a scholly, I'm fine with it.

Can we at least agree that Harbaugh has a good eye for talent?
                                I've seen some places refer to him as a FB and others as a RB. Does anyone know what JH is recruiting him as? Maybe he's hoping he will be his next Toby Gerhart, if I have the type of player he is correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X