Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could M have offered him under the preferred "walk on" fules and make his scollie contingent on him making the academic grades. Not sure I understand the "walk on" concept but if they could do that it seems like it would keep him in the fold while at the same time giving M time to look for someone else.

Comment

• Someone the caliber of Burbridge wants to play early and at receiver, the opportunity to play early is great. You could only really try that with someone who would nearly be willing to walk-on at M rather than go anywhere else.

Comment

• This might open the door for Darius Powe WR (4*, California) to get an offer, he's got M in his top group despite not having an offer. IMO probably slightly overrated by rivals.

Comment

• That makes sense but I wondered if at least offering to do that would at least have carried some kind of value and at least let the kid know we had continuing interest. Maybe there are other details or nuances in his recruitment.

Comment

• Hoke seems to have set or at least vocalizes setting a high bar with respect to the kind of kids he wants to recruit (kids with good character, values, etc). Maybe everybody tries to do that anyway. Getting that type of kid should perhaps prevent other types of issues later down the road. But, I hope it is not too much of a "my way or the highway" approach and winds up turning some kids away or makes "waiting" for a kid a bad thing.

Comment

• I would have loved to have Burbridge, and he being at MSU isn't a good thing no matter how you paint it.

But, I think Michigan will still come up with a top caliber WR for that scholarship. As noted above there are still several good candidates out there.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• @TrieuA: 4-Star DT Ondre Pipkins says a decision MIGHT come soon if he's "feeling it." Visits #Michigan this weekend

Thought we needed good news, BBQ is Sunday I believe.

Comment

• Now, THAT would be huge. If we get that guy, I don't see how we WON'T be the top recruiting class in the country.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    Disappointed Burbridge is going to MSU, M probably could've landed him if they would've pursued harder but they didn't want to risk him not being eligible academically.
                    So it's a win for lower academic standards.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Amara Darboh is a WR option.
                      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Chris Wormley made it official today and committed to the Wolverines at the BBQ At The Big House. Wormley is a 6'5" DE from Toledo.

For me, the only thing that could make me happier with this class is if we can get Pipkins and maybe a top RB.

When this class becomes juniors and seniors, this will be one tough Michigan football team.

Comment

• Need WR's too, one blue chip that can play early and one other solid-to-good receiver. 2 DT's are needed too, maybe one of the DE's will move inside though... After the WR's; its pretty much BPA...

Comment

• re: Wormley... His offer list won't wow anybody and the lack of those probably will scare off recruiting services from giving him his 4th star. But once he earned the two offers he really wanted; Michigan and Ohio; he didn't talk to any other schools so they could even offer. I've got him pegged as a SDE but very well could grow into a 3-tech DT...

Rest of the class likely goes:

1 OL, 1 DT, 2 WR; then BPA (probably only 1 or 2 open scholarships)...

Comment

• Pipkins and O'Brien?

Comment

• I expect a lull in recruiting for awhile, an OL could jump at the last OL spot and Pipkins could come away from the BBQ ready to decide. After those two spots, I don't see much action in recruiting as there are so few open spots left and those M is looking at are likely taking official visits which means their recruitment will take them nearly into December.

Comment

Working...
                                X