Kingston Davis 3* RB
    Matt Falcon 4* RB
    Carter Dunaway 2*(?) TE (no rating yet)
    Michael Onwenu 4* OL
    Kiante Enis 3* RB(?)
    Chris Evans 3* WR(?)
    Dytarious Johnson 2* LB
    Antwaine Richardson 3* DB
    Last edited by Hannibal; June 12, 2015, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• The nice thing about the "swarm" is I get to look up a whole bunch of kids I had no fucking clue ever existed!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Chris Evans is a 4*, Hanni.

Comment

• I just looked at Rivals.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            The nice thing about the "swarm" is I get to look up a whole bunch of kids I had no fucking clue ever existed!
            I thought it was the mgbolog hilarity.

"Also had interest from USF and I heard UF was looking at him too.
            Also it's nice to take one back from Rutgers as they managed to hold onto Jarius Adams last year (who looks like a speedy CB with upside as well)."

"I agree, but the U can get any 3 star from FL. One who held a Miami (YTM) picking us is a good thing. "

"Some SEC speed! "

"I hope this kid comes in, dominates, stays 3 years, then is a 1st round NFL draft pick. "

"Great news! I love grabbing players from the big Florida 3's back yards."
            Last edited by Hannibal; June 12, 2015, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Also had interest from USF...

...it's nice to take one back from Rutgers...

I mean -- Jesus Christ.

Comment

• I did read a couple of those comments and they are, indeed, worth the price of admission.

Comment

• This on MGOBLOG:

"Richardson holds offers from Florida Atlantic, Iowa State, Miami (YTM), Rutgers, South Florida, Syracuse, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and several others."

Should perhaps make the offer a little bit more palatable…or not.

Comment

• I wonder if the SEC coaches all feel silly that they made a big deal out of this. If anything, Harbaugh is doing them a favor by diverting talent away from the tomato cans that the SEC teams schedule out of conference. Harbaugh is drastically reducing the chances that teams like Florida International, South Alabama, or Tulane ever pull off a serious upset.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; June 12, 2015, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• I still think the summer tour is more about publicity than anything else. It keeps Harbaugh/Michigan in the headlines and started a pissing match with the SEC. Both good things. I'm not sure you can fly into town for one day, have a camp for some 1,400 people, and expect 4 and 5 star guys who have been recruited for 2 or 3 years by SEC coaches to suddenly flop for UM.

I'd argue it's more important at this stage to build long-term relationships with these schools/coaches than poaching a recruit or two. If you figure JH is here for say, 10 years, he needs to lay a foundation for national recruiting. I expect these efforts will pay dividends down the road.
                      Last edited by Mike; June 12, 2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• New name to me, when I have time I'll try to watch his highlights.

Comment

• M's own camps start today and last through the 17th. Lots of M top targets at many positions will be on campus. Lots of in-state and nearby talent for '17 too. M should have a clearer picture of the '16 class among those who are deciding early and should know where they stand among the in-state class of '17 recruits too...

M is calling their instate recruits for '17 the Pipeline 9. I think there is a pretty clear top 9 and a drop-off to Carter Dunaway and a bunch of other recruits/athletes. I've listed them already but here are the top 9 in-state recruits for '17 from 247 sports:

The 247Sports rankings are determined by our recruiting analysts after countless hours of personal observations, film evaluation and input from our network of scouts.

M is sitting very well at the present time with the majority of these 4-star talents; Ambry Thomas and KJ Hamler are two that they are likely trailing Sparty. This is a terrific in-state class, very best I can remember since I started following recruiting. Doesn't have two elites but it's extremely deep in recruits who can play for almost anyone.

Comment

• Uh oh ... put away the sharp instruments ...

... Michigan gets a verbal commitment from a lowly 3 star "athlete" out of Florida by the name of Rashad Weaver.

Does anyone have Brady Hoke's phone number? Maybe its not too late to get him back to rescue this class, and this program ....

Weaver has nine offers. He said he chose Michigan over offers from Syracuse and Illinois.
                            Weaver (6-5, 245) said he called Wolverines coach Jim Harbaugh around 4:45 p.m. EST this afternoon to inform him of his intentions.
                            "He gave me almost a full yell," Weaver said. "He was ecstatic."
                            Weaver chose Michigan for many reasons.
                            "First and foremost the academics," Weaver said. "Football compliments academics so they have the best of both there since their football program is good, too."
                            Michigan offered Weaver as an athlete, with a focus on either tight end or defensive end at this juncture.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• In my worst nightmare I never imagined having a coach whose recruiting is the unqualified tire fire that Harbaugh's has been to this point. It's worse than RichRod by a wide margin now. It's simply mind-blowing. Unimaginable. Being a Michigan fan means that even the mostly wildly irrational pessimism is never pessimistic enough. Even the mgoblog polyannas have got to be feeling the pangs of doubt at this point.

"This guy isn't good enough to earn an offer from a decent program, but I can turn him into an all-American". Arrogance and hubris.

I'll say this again -- Harbaugh gets absolutely no extra credit if he overachieves with his own shitty recruiting classes. None. Nor does he get a free pass if he has any losing seasons with them. If he goes 5-7 in year 4 just like Hoke, then he should be out of a job, just like Hoke. Beating rivals, winning bowl games, and winning the Big Ten is still the requirement.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; June 14, 2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Devin Gil (3*) and Josh Metellus (2*) are likely to commit soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X