This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    UFM did it with 2 kids last year. And OL from Kansas and a DB from Maryland.

I've never had a problem with it provided the school gives the recruit enough to time to find a landing spot (i.e., get them moving on by the end of November). Recruits are free to decommit at any time and hose the coaches. Coaches ought to be able to do the same. Let the market sort it out. If you're a coach who earns a reputation for reneging on verbals it will factor into decisions sooner or later.

This is big boy football.
    This. I'm tired of being the nice guy. People fawned over Hoke on what a great guy he was and he would NEVER do something like that...fuck that, he's a loser. As long as JH does things within the rules, it's full steam ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Injury is a good reason IMO. I agree with that. I just don't agree with handling it by ignoring the kid.

Do you mean ignoring the kid so he doesn't know you're pulling the scholarship or ignoring them so others out recruit you and they lose interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Once you've decided not to keep him in the class. As was done with a few at Stanford.

Comment

• Per MGOFISH - Overwhelming rumor now is that the Detroit King news is about Dennis Norfleet being cleared to rejoin team.
          Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Michigan hasn't had a bad stretch because they were the good guy. They had incompetent coaching.

Comment

• Spot on Froot.
              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Agreed.

Comment

• I get what Talent is saying about Big Boy football. That's fine, a lot of schools operate that way and have success doing it. To me offering a scholarship to a guy and he commits and then yanking the scholarship if somebody else shows interest is suspect to me. Why did you offer the guy in the first place? Harbaugh is just starting out with Michigan so I'm sure some attritition and feeling out is going to happen. Just to be clear, Harbaugh hasn't done any of this, so it isn't a criticism of him.

Comment

• I think there's a goldilocks solution Michigan should aim for.

Comment

• 4* OT Devery Hamilton is expected to announce soon with Michigan supposedly leading for his services.

Great QB and O-line class. Need a lot more than that though. No good DBs and no stud RBs or WRs.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; June 24, 2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• I'd like to think that part of the offer/commit decision is to provide additional exposure for some of these guys. The Canadian was bumped to a three star after committing.

I think I'm just rationalizing though.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• And doing a good job of it.

Comment

• I have stopped trying to figure what is going on at this point. I am resigned to watching these proceedings -- like the passenger in the back seat of a limo where the driver has fallen asleep and there is no way to wake him up because the limo has a soundproof barrier dividing the front and back seat. And the car is headed towards a wall at 50 miles per hour.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; June 24, 2015, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• Kareem goes to Alabama.

The tire fire continues.

Comment

• This is why I said that there's no way that this class ends up in the Top 15. Harbaugh is favored to land only a handful of blue-chippers at this point and he's not going to bat 1000 on them. Maybe not even 500.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; June 24, 2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X