Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimately it is a "Who gives a rip?" type of story.

Comment

• Well, true. The answer to that question is "Da Geezer."
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck. Especially since very little of that if any will significantly affect the revenue sports. It will go to admin salaries and a new practice facility for the curling team.

Comment

• And since the money is really big, I suspect that shitty UNIFORMZ are written into the contract somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
            "Basically a grayshirt is when an athlete delays his enrollment at his future college so that his eligibility clock will not start ticking until he arrives on campus during the second semester of the year."
            Yeah, I know what it is, wondered which kids will get one.
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
              Hanni has it right. Gary is worth big bucks, probably in the 500k range. But that is not for four years. he'll be in college a maximum of three years.

Cam Newton confirmed $ 175,000, and he brought a national championship. When you see players start the "Southern Tour", my experience is you can just about consider them gone. They would be fools not to take the money. Saban wanting a level playing field is the height of hypocracy. He was a .500 coach in the B10 and then when he went SEC, he suddenly becomes a NC winner at LSU and then at AL. I happen to believe Mark Dantonio is a better coach than Saban, but I digress.

A question to consider: What makes UM worth $ 169 million to Nike over 11 years when Nike's previous high was $ 4.4m/yr to FSU? I've probably got the wrong stinking thread, but does UM recruiting cleanly have a bearing on this? Does Harbaugh? It just has to be more than a rapidly dying alumni base because its size and intensity is not worth double what other schools are getting. I'm just suggesting for this post that UM has a reputation for running a clean program, that that pays.
              good post
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Hanni; your word for the day is F-U-N-G-I-B-L-E

More money into the athletic department is good. It won't be designated.

Comment

• Talent: I stand corrected on the amount. What does the second M in LMMFAO stand for?

Would you like to bet $ 1,000.00 today that in 2017-18 OSU doesn't get as good a contract as UM now has with Nike? They will then have the advantage being the most recent school to make a deal? Time to put up or shut up.

Oh, and counselor, could you please tell me the post number where I said, "every recruit M loses out on to an SEC school is bought". I'd just be interested.

Comment

• Nah, pay him no mind. He's really good about reading a comment by different people and adopting it as how the board thinks. It's his thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                      *1. Nike wanted M badly and had to bid against Adidas and Under Armour.

*2. This is year 1 of M's contract, other Nike contracts maybe escalating but using figures several years old.

*3. Recruiting factor is personal preference but being a "Nike" school has advantages in that Nike puts on more recruiting camps than the others and these camps are quite generous in apparel to athletes who receive invitations.
                      According to Hackett, the UA & Addisas offers were worth more cash?!?
                      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                        Don't take MGoFish seriously, he wears maize and blue colored glasses and is a huge homer. His so-called projections are best case scenarios. He has no inside information and just rehashes information from twitter and the recruiting sites.
                        Sounds like Talent and newly acquired lapdog Buchanan.
                        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Geezer:

I'll bet OSU is at 10M per if they sign full apparel deal with Nike. I don't bet 1000 on anything. But I'm happy to go 100. You guys are like my personal ATM.
                          Last edited by iam416; July 16, 2015, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Also, if Gary goes SEC then I assume there won't be "he was bought" posts. My apologies for reading too much into your posts.

Comment

• I'm surprised at the amount of money Nike is paying Michigan, especially considering Nike's relationship to Oregon. I mean, I figured if anyone was going to get "stratosphere" money from Nike, it would be Oregon.

But then again, I don't know jack about the apparel business, (or lacrosse) so maybe it all makes sense somehow.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Oregon's got state of the art facilities from Nike.

Comment

Working...
                                X