Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I'll bite, what's so great about Taysom Hill?
    Nothing, but he had a great freshman year at BYU, went on his Mormon Mission, came back and got injured. I don't think he will come to UM now that the BYU coach left for Virginia (I believe). It makes more sense for him to follow his coach.

He's not another Denard.

Comment

• Shaddup Geezer ... Taysom Hill wants to be coached by The Harbaugh .... :-P
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Re Evans, I "heard" is that Chris Ash didn't like him enough at DB to offer. So they passed. With Ash gone, he may have moved up the ladder.

TBH, I don't care one way or the other. He's a nice player with some versatility, but at this stage in the game...meh.
        Evans takes his official visit to Michigan on January 23rd.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• David Long is the expected silent. Relatively confident on Dylan Crawford... Should find out very soon on both of them...

Chase Allen is a good bet to commit on or shortly after his OV (15th). Nauta can take his spot, M isn't out of it but tea leaves pretty much all say Georgia...

Hill is supposedly decided but might take his planned visits. It's up to mom apparently whether he can commit now or later.

Comment

• Chris Evans called Ohio State a 'dream school' or 'dream offer.' Not sure if this will change his mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Detroit Dan View Post
              I don't care if Taysom Hill is another Denard Robinson, I don't want another 1 year QB. It takes time to develop chemistry and learn the system

But I'll bite, what's so great about Taysom Hill?
              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• IF Taysom Hill would come here and IF he could stay healthy, he'd be the starter for sure. Two huge ifs and I'm not sure which is the bigger one.

Comment

• 3 season-ending injuries (Heisman), blown-out knee, fair enough.

Small broken bone in foot/leg, twice, is just bad luck.

Much safer in a Harbaugh pro-style system. Expect him to use him along the lines of the Kaepernick read-option, Super Bowl run. Good luck Urbie.

His former BYU coach Bronco has offered at Virginia, would like to see Harbaugh land him. Sure, it sets guys back another year at QB but we are talking title run.
                  Last edited by Prime2; January 7, 2016, 08:44 PM.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Couldn't care less about what the other QBs on the roster think. Hill is a rare talent when he's healthy. QB position is the least of my concerns with Harbs.

Comment

• I'm interested if he could be used as a multi-tool.

Comment

• Maybe, but he's shown to be brittle so I don't know if I'd trust that.

Comment

• Well at least with that you have less disruption if it happens at a bad time. 10-15 plays a game, some decoy action, dereyago. Maybe sell him on that.

Comment

• But if he does come here, and he gets hurt again, at least we know there are competent backups at the ready.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Given how injuries have slammed us at QB without a solid backup in place, I don't like it. What if he goes 7 games and then is hurt before or during the Sparty game? If any year is a year to break in a new QB, it's next year. There's no OOC battle, so a QB can ease in and play through mistakes against a cupcake. Hill is just almost certain to get hurt. Less of a risk if you use him in another way.

Comment

Working...
                              X