Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then we're left with who we expected to be the starter without him ever coming.

Comment

• What's the chance of landing Jaquan Yulee?

Comment

Comment

• I just read something on Twitter that says Nauta supposed to go blue tomorrow. Something about his family planning on moving back to Michigan. #glimmerofhope

I mean why not M? He'll have the greatest chance to succeed here. Keep hope alive fellas! #1 class here we come.
          Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Why would he have the "greatest" chance to succeed at M? How can you possibly quantify that.

Anyway, looks like a great get for M. They won't have the #1 class, though.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              But if he does come here, and he gets hurt again, at least we know there are competent backups at the ready.
              As long as they don't transfer.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                What's the chance of landing Jaquan Yulee?
                Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                Challenge accepted!! I'm going to ready the gift cards
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Why would he have the "greatest" chance to succeed at M? How can you possibly quantify that.
                  I'm glad you asked. I imagine Nauta is looking at a couple of factors which will indicate how "successful" he is going to be, how involved will he be within an offense and what place gives him the best opportunity to go pro.

First let's tackle (see what I did there?) the involvement issue by looking at the amount of receptions made by tight ends for their prospective schools.

- Alabama targeted 5 different tight ends throughout the year with a total of 39 receptions. (OJ Howard had 33 rec.)
                  - Georgia targeted 4 different tight ends throughout the year with a total of 28 receptions.
                  - Michigan targeted 5 different tight ends throughout the year with a total of 73 receptions. (J.Booty had 51 rec.)

(http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...rsort/NCAAF/TE)

There is more work to be had in the Michigan offense which tells me he will probably be more involved at M than either Alabama or Georgia.

Now let's take a look at how many tight ends are currently playing in the NFL from the three schools Nauta is considering.

Alabama - 1 - Michael Williams (Lions fans may remember this guy)
                  Georgia - 1 - Benjamin Watson
                  Michigan - 0

This looks a bit deceiving at first. However, I'd argue these numbers are skewed because of the Rich Rod/Hoke days. I don't think anyone will disagree when I say Jake Butt will definitely get drafted. I think a better gauge is to look at the Stanford Cardinal program from which JH came from.

Stanford - 7 - Jim Dray, Zach Ertz, Coby Fleener, Ryan Hewitt, Konrad Reuland, Alex Smith, Levine Toilolo

5 of these guys were recruited by and/or played under JH (Jim Dray, Zach Ertz, Coby Fleener, Ryan Hewitt, Levine Toilolo)

(http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/s)

Michigan gives him the best opportunity to catch passes and go pro. I guess that is what I would consider "successful".

Comment

• After all that he probably will end up committing to Georgia...LOL

Comment

• Chris Evans declines Ohio State offer.

"Those who stay will be Champions! 〽️ #GoBlue"
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
                        After all that he probably will end up committing to Georgia...LOL
                        mgoblog folks are saying to pump the brakes on the Nauta excitement because the guy who sent out that tweet is basically another Ace Williams.

So we'll see.

Comment

• If success is "use" then, eh, maybe. Georgia had no passing game this year. Alabama had Derrick Henry. Michigan had shiteating run game. Arky's TE had a better year than Butt. Buffalo's TE caught more passes. I don't think either of those stats says anything about the team's relative ability to develop a "successful" TE.

My view is more along the lines of where you get drafted. We'll see with Butt. If he's in the same class as Howard I think he'll go after him. I also think Nick Vanett will get drafted in the first day -- well, second day with the new alignment. Jeff Heuerman was drafted in the 3rd round!

Nauta with Eason should be very good.

Comment

• And seems like M really does want Evans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
                              I just read something on Twitter that says Nauta supposed to go blue tomorrow. Something about his family planning on moving back to Michigan. #glimmerofhope

I mean why not M? He'll have the greatest chance to succeed here. Keep hope alive fellas! #1 class here we come.
                              If he commits, that will be a tremendous coup.

Rarely is it possible to beat, Georgia, Alabama & a "silent commit" to Urban Meyer in one fell swoop.
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Re: Nauta

He is going to UGA.

But that is not the question. The key statistic is Stanford having 7 TEs in the pros. Both JH and Shaw run a TE heavy offense. JH had excellent running backs at Stanford, but he still sent a lot of TE to the NFL. If you look at A J Williams this year, he was a tolerable TE after 3 years of basically nothing. So UM offers a system, and coaching, that places emphasis on tight ends.

Nauta is going to UGA

Comment

Working...
                                X