Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucks for the kid but Harbaugh can't bring a knife to the gun fight anymore. Watching us get outfoxed in recruiting since the late Carr years has been infuriating.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Well, that was an utterly worthless response, hack, even by your standards.

But that's ok. I'm really only interested in hearing from those who are serious about recruiting and can be serious about M.
      Nobody wants you over in your jammies either.

Comment

• OP has no standards.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• IF Swenson gets dropped, I'll be interested to read Mgo on the topic. Brian was all sanctimonious and shit last year about LOIs and, IIRC, proposed a mechanism where kids could sign NLIs any time and guarantee themseles a spot in the class -- to prevent exactly what's happening at M (and other places).

Comment

• Due to years of unexpectedly being mired in the muck, Michigan has become the equivalent of long-time U.S. foreign policy: He may be a dictator (s.o.b.), but he's our dictator (s.o.b.). Yeah, losing to our two main rivals year after year have changed the perspective of many a U-M fan, myself included. I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but the constant chirping of the enemy fans and the gut-punch feeling I got while watching Rich Rodriguez cry and Brady Hoke clap changed my thinking.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• As a general FYI, I don't have a real problem with any of JH's shenanigans. I do, however, recall chastisement from M fans concerning UFM's recruiting.

As I said, I've found this recruiting cycle fascinating both in terms of how JH is managing the class and how the feelings of the M fanbase are evolving to match the, as you put it, "he's our dictator" reality.

I'm far more interested in who's actually in M's class than who isn't.

Comment

• There is nothing wrong with the results of how Harbaugh recruits, but the means of how he's getting there is different than I thought it would be. To me it is more reliant on gimmicks that you might see from an insurgent program than a blue blood program.

Comment

• Whatever it takes until we catch up...

Comment

• LOL

An OSU & MSU fans taking umbrage with the greatest coach in college football, personally and with his tactics/strategy, imagine that.
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Sam Webb has a gut feeling about Dwumfour. Is this positive news on the Rashan Gary front? Perhaps that's why Swenson is looking less likely?

To quote Malcolm X, "By any means necessary!"

Comment

• I don't think Harbaugh is doing anything shady, or walking some kind of tightrope with NCAA rules in his recruiting. Everything has been above board, because everybody is talking about it.

I agree with Rocky. Its long past time for Michigan to be as aggressive as possible in recruiting, because our rivals have been eating our lunch in that area for way too long now.

... Harbaugh .. climbing a tree ... lol
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I can't picture Bo on a sleepover, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            It's a complicated calculation. And I agree--that's why I didn't make it (OSU had kept a lot of this stuff in-house in the past). But M's deal is 15 years (4 of which are an option) for $169M. OSU is at 15 for $252M. Texas got 15/250. I think I'd have a strong case that M is 3rd out of that group.

As I said way back when, the more recent the deal, the better. No real surprise.
                            Complicated? For some, perhaps, our good friends at MgoBlog set it straight:

Funny money. OSU announced a huge Nike contract that was a ton more than Michigan in the same way that NFL contracts have a huge headline number but are actually something less remarkable under the hood. The OSU edge is in apparel awarded, which the Buckeyes padded out for the shiny number.

The actual details:

Both schools have a 15-year deal; Michigan has an opt-out after 11.
                            Michigan gets 12 million upfront; OSU gets 20.
                            OSU gets 3.44 million for the first 11 years and 4.44 for the last four.
                            M gets 4.82 million for the first ten years, 5.32 in 11, and 5.82 for the last four.
                            Total dough: Michigan, 88.8 million. Ohio State, 75.6 million.

OSU gets more upfront but inflation isn't sufficient to make up the deficit, especially since Michigan has an opt-out four years earlier. So OSU's "biggest ever contract" actually delivers 13 million fewer dollars than Michigan's. But OSU gets more Nike volleyballs so they've got that going for them.
                            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                              I can't picture Bo on a sleepover, though.
                              Even at his feisty-est, I don't think he'd climb a tree, either. :-)

Comment

• But OSU gets more Nike volleyballs so they've got that going for them.
                                HEY you sexist pig ... don't knock the value of volleyballs .... :-P

Comment

Working...
                                X