X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
    Whatever it takes until we catch up...
    I think that's reasonable. Until he has a seasons and recruiting cycles under his belt those kinda tricks will be needed. If they still are in 2/3 years then sustainability is a question.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      As a general FYI, I don't have a real problem with any of JH's shenanigans. I do, however, recall chastisement from M fans concerning UFM's recruiting.
      The best-documented violations over there seem to come once the kids are on campus. I'd bet that given the in-state talent pool the roster of bagmen doesn't need to be as long as for the other SEC programs.

In all seriousness, it will definitely be an adjustment for the moralists among us, and I count myself there. Brian did cover how Harbaugh treated some Stanford commits he wasn't interested in anymore, and I didn't like it. When you stick to the rules but aren't all that nice to the kids, I guess you get to hold your head high in public but is that really fair? I don't know. And we don't know what he's really telling them behind closed doors. So I can't say I'm entirely comfortable with it, but, then again, the world's a nasty place, nice guys finish last, etc. etc. There looks like there very well may be some uncomfortable moments in the future.
      Last edited by hack; January 19, 2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Swenson committed to Hoke a long time ago, haven't kept up with his senior highlights but he's a clear #4 of M's current 4 offensive line recruits...

Drumfour better clinch it for Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
          Swenson committed to Hoke a long time ago, haven't kept up with his senior highlights but he's a clear #4 of M's current 4 offensive line recruits...

Drumfour better clinch it for Gary.
          Indeed. Everything legal that is done will be worth it but wow a whole lot is being done.

Comment

• Huge recruiting weekend coming up, most of M's top targets that haven't already taken an official should be in Ann Arbor... Closer to this weekend, I should have a pretty lengthy list of all the visitors this upcoming weekend...

Eddie McDoom WR/ATH is looking at M again after decommitting from Oregon. Good chance he ends up a Wolverine...

M is loading up on WR/ATH types, staff wants to mold some of these guys into safeties and linebackers once they get on campus. McDoom fits the bill as does Brad Hawkins, Ahmir Mitchell, Curtis Enis along with other targets like Pie Young, Donald Stewart.

Comment

• Do you think any of these guys could provide near-future help at LB, or are they all a few years away?

Comment

• Brian comes off as asshurt. Why care about OSU's megadeal? But if you do, 15/169 vs 15/252 is rather clear. I guess he'd rather get $100 than $25 + a new car because CASH! But in the real world goods have value.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Curtis Enis? Heh.

Yeah, if they take Gary'S friend he better be a lock.

Re Swenson, IMO it's clearly a matter of being recruited over late in the game. JH had ample time to tell him to look elsewhere. Hoke offer or not.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• For '16? No... M is going to have to live with who they already have (caveat being a grad transfer), I don't think it's as bad as some fear but the LB position is far from being a strength...

In '17, yes. After a year in S&C and learning the defensive playbook, LB assignments , LB is a position where you can step in and be ready in year 2. I'll be quite impressed if Bush Jr., Gil, etc. can be more than competent in year 1...

M is recruiting a couple safeties Khaleke Hudson and Isaiah Simmons who are a decent bet to move down to LB at the college level.

Comment

• They only have 4 OL in the class. If a four-star top-250 OL is being recruited over, it is for another OL then? Or are they that confident in commits elsewhere?

Comment

• M's deal is 11 years, $122mil... They'll re-negotiate before the option years, still it shows that the Buckeyes 'brand' has eclipsed M with the programs going in two different directions. M sold as much apparel as anyone in the early-to-mid 2000's...

All thanks to two ELITE coaches at OSU (Tressel and Meyer) and two all-time worst at M (Hoke and RichRod).

Comment

• M is targeting an offensive lineman that's currently committed elsewhere, not sure if he'd replace Swenson. Can't think of the name.

Comment

• re: LB's, for '16 the '16 class will provide little more than reserves and depth. Opportunity for sure for a starter but I'd rather see a guy who's been in college for a few years play than a true freshman.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Brian comes off as asshurt. Why care about OSU's megadeal? But if you do, 15/169 vs 15/252 is rather clear. I guess he'd rather get $100 than $25 + a new car because CASH! But in the real world goods have value.
                              Of course in the real world, goods have value, it's just not very much. Cash is always KING!

For every $100 worth of equipment/clothing gives OSU (RETAIL PRICING), Nike actually spends about $28.50 manufacturing in sweatshops in Indochina.

Of course the formula is far from perfect but you get the idea.

Find out the details on production prices for Nike sneakers and the markup for retail.

Nike's average costs for a $100 shoe

Per Shoe Cost Income Statement Percent of Revenue
                              $25.00 Factory FOB Cost
                              $1.00 Sea Freight and Insurance
                              $2.50 Duty
                              $28.50 Landed Cost (57% of Revenue) Cost of Goods 57%

$15.00 SG&A 30%
                              $2.00 Tax 4%
                              $4.50 Profit 9%
                              $21.50 Mark-up (43% of Revenue) 43%

$50.00 Wholesale Price Revenue 100%
                              $50.00 Retail Mark-up (100% of Revnue)
                              $100.00 Suggested Retail

Read more: http://solecollector.com/news/how-mu...#ixzz3xjTOW3ia
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Stephen Spanellis is the OT I brought up above, he's committed to Virginia. 3-star from Maryland...

M is in a good spot to land Jake Raulerson, the transfer from Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X