This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
    Second, public proclamation may discourage late poachers from other schools harassing your players.
    Doubt it. I'm sure they get hit up right until they sign the LOI. Recruiting is ruthless.
    Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• The waiting thing seems odd. They're already going to get a ton of press for signing Gary. Having the others wait really won't add to that unless they finish #1, which they won't. So the big signing day gets lost a bit with other schools having big signing days. Doesn't make a lot of sense. But, eh, it's irrelevant when they announce as long as they sign.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Jersey Boys stuck in Ann Arbor until Monday as Harbaugh had Steve Everitt summon a blizzard for the east coast. Brilliant!

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          The waiting thing seems odd. They're already going to get a ton of press for signing Gary. Having the others wait really won't add to that unless they finish #1, which they won't. So the big signing day gets lost a bit with other schools having big signing days. Doesn't make a lot of sense. But, eh, it's irrelevant when they announce as long as they sign.
          Harbaugh is much more media savvy than any of his predecessors. Personally, I wish I could take a ten day nap because this is all very hard on my nerves.

Comment

• Allegedly M is telling recruits to commit on signing day going forward, HARBAUGH!!! wants to make a big splash on signing day. Not a ton of excitement here till signing day where hopefully M is one of the big stories.
            I guess we will see, but this surely sounds like taking unnecessary chances, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were partly because of the Swenson matter. It once again argues for a NSD in September or October or even earlier. I had never really considered what a recruit's "taking it easy" during their senior season would cause to the school to which he verbally committed.

The phrase "non-committable offer" is an oxymoron. The kid either has an offer or not. A non-committable offer simply means the college is interested, and the kid gets to put the school down as offering him, feeding the player's ego. Making all offers committable within 15 days would mean something, and would follow basic contract law.

Comment

• Never been a fan of the committable/non-committable offer either. It's moronic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                Harbaugh is much more media savvy than any of his predecessors. Personally, I wish I could take a ten day nap because this is all very hard on my nerves.
                JH is savvy and understands the game better than anyone IMO, from a coaching and managerial perspective.

We simply almost lost an entire decade.

Rich Rodriguez was/is a hillbilly and Brady Hoke was and still remains a blooming idiot, both on and off the field.
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Rich Rodriguez was/is a hillbilly and Brady Hoke was and still remains a blooming idiot, both on and off the field.

lol!
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                    Jersey Boys stuck in Ann Arbor until Monday as Harbaugh had Steve Everitt summon a blizzard for the east coast. Brilliant!

Isn't that against NCAA rules? For the next two years, M will probably get penalized a 15 minute reduction in the amount of time each recruit can visit. They will also have to submit home and away weather forecasts for each visiting recruit. SEC is gonna bitch about this.

Comment

• Fine by me. We'll just have to setup a few more satellite camps in the south
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

"Travelin' along, there's a song that we're singin'
                        Come on, get happy
                        A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin'....."
                        Just got it...The Partridge Family...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mackenzie View Post
                          Isn't that against NCAA rules? For the next two years, M will probably get penalized a 15 minute reduction in the amount of time each recruit can visit. They will also have to submit home and away weather forecasts for each visiting recruit. SEC is gonna bitch about this.
                          Not sure about the other guys, but Gary is here on his own dime. He can stay as long as he likes.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The others have 48 hours, I believe, to be with coaches, on campus, etc.

Comment

• Uche and Mbem-Bosse to decide tonight.
                              Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Even though he's a kid that plays things quite, sounds like Asiasi really liked the visit and he's already cancelled the Bama visit. Will only visit USC by the sounds of it. Could be a game changer in this class, but I'm not getting the hopes up just yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X