Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Ron Thompson not committing to the Wolverines was a result of the coaching staff giving him the cold shoulder. I take it there's no room for him now that the TE needs are more than filled.

Comment

• Who's to say it was the coaching staff? Maybe Thompson cooled on the Wolverines.

You snooze, you lose.

Maybe they could take him as an "athlete" or on the defensive side.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I still wouldn't be surprised to see Thompson in this class. A.) he's one that could stay at WR. and B.) I believe Williams will end up as an OT, so taking Thompson as well could make some sense. There's been chatter that Thompson could play DE too.

I'm holding out hope for that TE from San Diego, McNamara I believe.

Comment

• I still wouldn't be surprised to see Thompson in this class. A.) he's one that could stay at WR. and B.) I believe Williams will end up as an OT, so taking Thompson as well could make some sense. There's been chatter that Thompson could play DE too.

I'm holding out hope for that TE from San Diego, McNamara I believe.

Comment

• Concur with The Oracle, M only has 3 scholarship TE's after this graduating class and Williams imo is more likely to grow into an offensive lineman than stay at TE.

Comment

• re: videos - are they member only videos? I'm willing to link to them if they are public... I've also considered posting an in-game image of every verbal commitment that I can find on google.

Comment

• I'm not unhappy with the recruits thus far. Pulling in kids from Michigan and Ohio (It's over, Sparty!) who want Michigan is a good start. At this point Rodriguez would have two recruits: a smurf slot receiver and a midget rb.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• The start of your recruiting class is usually 'local' kids, 'national' kids need to take visits during summer and decide after those summer visits.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    re: videos - are they member only videos? I'm willing to link to them if they are public... I've also considered posting an in-game image of every verbal commitment that I can find on google.
                    I'm not sure about Rivals but you can find clips on a lot of these guys on Youtube. Maybe not O-linemen but most other positions.

Comment

• I don't see why we would take Ron Thompson when there is already serious talk about turning away James Ross because we don't have room. Especially since Thompson fills a role that has already been filled by Funchess. Not to mention, we've got a couple of guys in the 2011 class that we could move to TE if we have to.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; April 23, 2011, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• I strongly suspect Michigan will save a spot for James Ross unless the staff finds some sort of red flag in his background. You don't turn away a highly-regarded recruit at a position of need from a priority in-state high school unless there's a serious off-the-field issue.

Comment

• Updated the recruiting board with links to there rivals profile. Gives you a bit of idea of the recruits, much prefer scouts recruiting profiles who give a decent scouting report of recruits (better the prospect, the more detailed the report usually) but I'm a member of the former.

Comment

• Given the latest NCAA Notice of Allegations, is there any new thinking as to how OlieO's and M's recruiting could be impacted. I gotta believe prospective recruits, their coaches, and parents have to be taking this latest public announcement with more than a grain of salt. But, maybe not.

Comment

• Way too early to say, obviously its likely to hurt ohio's recruiting efforts and could slip a kid or two from ohio to M.

Comment

• actually, the NCAA's swift movement here hurts us.

Somehow, when we were under investigation, it seemed to take forever.

Recruits will know what penalties O-state will face by the fall. Unless they get hit with repeat offender violation, the penalties may be irrelevant to future recruits.

Comment

Working...
                                X