Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And yes.. This hurt Nebraska more than Michigan or OSU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• It'll get reversed. Satellite camps will reign on!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Satellite campus?
        Why not?

Michigan could buy an abandoned school campus in Florida, fix it up, and start a charter school. Its Michigan property, so send the team there every year for a week of spring practice, and hold a satellite camp there.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They'd quickly adjust that loophole. Public backlash is enough that this thing might get overturned or the NCAA might at least compromise and put significant restrictions on satellite camps.

Comment

• And Mike Dantonio... Can stfu

Monday, Dantonio fired the latest salvo, pointing out that Harbaugh’s “abuse” of the current system led to the NCAA ban on satellite camps.

“I guess abuse brings control,” Dantonio said.

Comment

• What Dantonio is saying is basically correct .... JH going all out is what brought attention to it... that and it just being JH.

However, Dantonio is just trying to be a dick about it, by purposely using the word "abuse" --- he just can't resist taking a shot at JH/M.

Comment

• I think you guys are a little too sensitive.

Comment

• I think Mr. Dantonio is the over sensitive one.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ............The people who voted in favor (of the ban) didn’t consider the consequences, and now they need to try to clean up their mess.

Informed parties (that would exclude the small number of dickheads who voted for the ban) are overwhelmingly opposed to the steps the NCAA took on behalf of a narrowly inclusive group with their own interests to protect.

I'm trusting a group of coaches who see the ban as an infringement on their ability to do the job that they are paid to do will file an Antitrust Lawsuit against the NCAA. This isn't so far fetched an idea. It happened when the NCAA tried to cap assistant coaches salaries and all it took for the NCAA to back away from that was the threat of that kind of action.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dantonio can't help being who/what he is. It's not in his DNA to look past Ann Arbor at the big picture.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Any theories as to why Harbaugh has not responded?
                        I think he will wait until he speaks at Paramus Catholic. A commencement speech will be about opportunity and will provide enough cover for JH to state his views.

I believe this will prove to be a stupid move by the SEC and ACC --- it makes them and NCAA look petty, which is what I believe is exactly what JH was going for.
                        Amen to that. It doesn't only look petty, it is petty. I happen to believe that many high school graduates are looking for social issues they can safely support without damaging their futures. D. Hill sets the template in his tweet. I'll bet many, if not most, players can name other players they played with or against who deserve a D1 scholarship

Comment

• Good article, Jeff. Thanks.

Comment

• ......... which is what I believe is exactly what JH was going for.

I'm not entirely certain that Harbaugh thought this through to that level. It is certainly possible though that he wanted to poke the bear and hear it whine.

I doubt that he had a stepwise plan that his actions would precipitate this non-sense move by the NCAA and that they would then, after the outcry from several quarters, have to amend the camp ban or shit can it altogether.

Then again ....... HARBAUGH!!!
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If I'm Saban and Miles, I'm disappointed because this means that Tulane, Alabama A&M, and Southern Mississippi will get to keep their 3* sleepers again and they are more likely to pull of an upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                                I think he will wait until he speaks at Paramus Catholic. A commencement speech will be about opportunity and will provide enough cover for JH to state his views.
                                He won't muck up a commencement on this type of garbage. Won't shock me to see him lay low on this one and let others be the voices. He's already stated beforehand that it wouldn't shock him to have the NCAA put in another dumb rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X