This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
    He won't muck up a commencement on this type of garbage. Won't shock me to see him lay low on this one and let others be the voices.
    I wouldn't rule it out. Harbaugh is a very bright fellow. He will find a way to get his opinion out there, and probably do it in a humorous way that will be entertaining and welcomed by his audience.

My predictions are usually as accurate as an hour-to-hour Michigan weather report, but I'll make one anyway. I predict that the NCAA will be forced to revisit this, and that satellite camps will be allowed, but with restrictions. They're a great idea for the student athlete. Its going to happen.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• No matter what happens with these camps, Harbaugh has made some connections with good HS programs. I'm sure he knew it was a matter of time before action was taken. Satellite camps are not new but having a major coach and its program stay this committed probably is. He wasn't holding one but a whole friggin tour.

Coach knows how to play the game
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I personally don't care about satellite camps one way or another. I do, however, find the effort to shut them down and the accusations hurled at Harbaugh for doing something nefarious, or at minimum abusing the system to be freaking hilarious. Harbaugh did nothing wrong, but one benefit of his actions were to expose the most dickish in the college football world. Any thinking person can see through the comments of Dennis Dodd or Mike Dantonio. Harbaugh does not need to respond personally when he has so many other coaches, players, recruits and parents speaking for him.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
          I personally don't care about satellite camps one way or another. I do, however, find the effort to shut them down and the accusations hurled at Harbaugh for doing something nefarious, or at minimum abusing the system to be freaking hilarious. Harbaugh did nothing wrong, but one benefit of his actions were to expose the most dickish in the college football world. Any thinking person can see through the comments of Dennis Dodd or Mike Dantonio. Harbaugh does not need to respond personally when he has so many other coaches, players, recruits and parents speaking for him.
          Spot on, bro.

Comment

• Can't wait for Harbaugh to abuse and control Groucho on October 29th.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to that as well.

"Dude, what's your story?"

Comment

• Didn't take Harbs that long to sound off...

Comment

• Backlash over this has surprisingly really caught on (as it should), not sure this decision will hold up as the arguments for the camps are much stronger than those against it.

Like I believe Talent (?) said, this doesn't affect M much even though they are the poster for this rule. M shouldn't be recruiting the type of athletes that earns offers at these camps. M should be recruiting the blue chip athletes with obvious levels of talent. For M, it was more of a PR, 'brand' building in recruiting hotbeds in addition to building relationships with high school and college coaches that joined JH at these camps.

Comment

• I mean, satallite camps don't serve much value (Saban quote) and make it hard for coaches to spend time with their families in the summer.
                    Obviously those are great reasons for the NCAA to quickly ban satallite camps.

NCAA (committee), you corrupt idiots.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• For Once I agree with Hannibal

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      If I'm Saban and Miles, I'm disappointed because this means that Tulane, Alabama A&M, and Southern Mississippi will get to keep their 3* sleepers again and they are more likely to pull of an upset.
                      Herd mentality ==> Harbaugh was going to move in on top south recruits with his satellite camps. Of course, this was possible, but mainly fantasy.

Harbaugh's modus operandi seems to be Trump-like in getting all sorts of free publicity. (For the record, I approve of Harbaugh, disapprove of Trump.)

Comment

• Harbaugh is the anti-Hoke vis-a-vis Dantonio. Whereas Hoke played right into Dantonio's hands with his apology, Dantonio is playing right into Harbaugh's hands with his cries of "abuse".

This is all about recruiting, and Dantonio has aligned himself with the old farts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                          I mean, satallite camps don't serve much value (Saban quote) and make it hard for coaches to spend time with their families in the summer.
                          Obviously those are great reasons for the NCAA to quickly ban satallite camps.

NCAA (committee), you corrupt idiots.
                          Who the fuck cares about family time in the summer? Why should they get summers off?

Comment

Who the fuck cares about family time in the summer? Why should they get summers off?
                            JH has basically pointed this out saying coaches making this kind of money (Hugh Freeze being his main subject), should have to get out there and work.

Basically JH is willing to outwork everybody out there, and everyone knows it. He'll find other ways.
                            Last edited by Pasadena Blue; April 13, 2016, 01:49 AM.

Comment

• I think that's probably what most coaches don't like about Harbaugh, and I also think that is the thing that scares them the most. They know that the guy means what he says when he says that he's a jackhammer, and there's nothing they can do to stop that. Oh, they think they may have stopped him with the satellite Camp thing, but this is just the tip of the iceberg. Things are going to get much more interesting from here.

Comment

It's the best (which isn't good) reason they have to ban satallite camps. How dumb is this shit
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X