X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMAO

Comment

• Back on topic, big weekend for M recruiting. With the way HARBAUGH!!! recruits, there's a good chance that M will top the team rankings by Monday.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, I spoke with a couple people fairly dialed into the Akron parochial scene, and they both say Nolan Rumler (OT, #40 OVR in way-too-premature 2019 ratings) is all M. They also said he's really, really good. And, for good measure, they said Akron Hoban, his school, should be on probation for brazenly breaking OHSAA recruiting rules. Fuck Hoban.

Anywho, I thought I'd share that bit of news with you folks.
        Last edited by iam416; August 5, 2016, 07:40 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for the update.

Comment

• ESPN updated their ratings, so I think all services have updated since The Opening. The following is a list of players M is targeting (as gleaned by me, an OSU fan) and which have reciprocated interest to some degree. The ratings are the new 247 Composite rankings and for kids in the top 150 only:

8. Baron Browning (still have a very hard time seeing him coming to the midwest)
            10. Darnay Holmes (I think he stays West, but he's visited OSU and M multiple times showing an apparent willingness to come to the B10 -- also, at FNL, he stood out as a superstar....top 10 is legit)
            11. DPJ (M lock)
            32. Isaiah Wilson (my sense is M needs to make up some ground on Bama)
            44. McCaffery (committed)
            53. Tedarrell Slaton (no real clue on him; basic recruiting guidelines suggest he'll be a tough pull)
            62. Drew Singleton (I thought he was an M lock; I think, like Wilson, M needs to make up ground/re-solidify its position)
            67. Cesar Ruiz (see Slaton)
            81. Nico Collins (from everything I've read and, more importantly, everything he's done, seems like M is way out in front)
            94. Solomon ("committed")
            97. Villain (committed)
            98. Hunter Echols (P12, IMO)
            101. Ambry Thomas (M lock and should be top 60, IMO, after crushing The Opening)
            112. Jordan Anthony (not sure if M is interested--I seem to recall reading it somewhere...in any event, I have no take on him)

Of that list, I'll predict M ends up with DPJ, Wilson, McCaffery, Singleton, Collins, Villain, Thomas and Anthony.

Also, of note probably only to me, Davis Mills is #22. I was perplexed that Stanford didn't offer McCaffery. I guess they liked Mills better. And now he's shooting up the rankings.

WM:

You're welcome. I've done all I can to get this shit back on course. I can't do your job for much longer without drifting into OSU recruiting talk, so hop to!
            Last edited by iam416; August 5, 2016, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• Thanks for that good news Talent, your strength in recruiting knowledge is well respected.

Comment

• No doubt about it. I wish Bill Kurelic had a definitive guide to political analysis.

Comment

• Heh. Kurelic. He sucks. He'd be better off writing about politics.

Comment

• Very well could be. We could use more talented people doing that sort of thing.

Comment

• Well done Tal.

Comment

• Thanks for updating, Talent. Agree pretty much with your list. M is losing ground with Wilson OT (Bama), Ruiz IOL & Singleton LB (Clemson). They need to get them on campus asap.

Browning has always been a longshot as has Darnay Holmes. Both have spent more time off my recruiting board than on. At this point, M has a long list of 'top' targets and then some pretty good plan B types they'll take if things fall through. They'll land some blue chippers but miss on most of those you listed.

Irving-Bey and James Hudson both belong on my recruiting board. I like them both as 3Techs though they certainly aren't Buckeye material... Some see Paea as a better OL...

I don't get the feeling Jordan Anthony is too deep in his recruitment though he's had M as his leader, like a ton of M's targets I think a majority of them are deciding after their senior seasons.

Critical recruitments imo is the in-state trio of DPJ, Ambry Thomas & JKP. Those three in this class along with a blue chip OL & LB and I'll really like this class (replace attrition with similar talent). Not Buckeye caliber but close enough for a fair fight. Buckeyes last couple seasons have had some issues with Northern Illinois, Indiana, VT, Minnesota and Penn State. M might not be favorites but HARBAUGH!! is going to win some of those match-ups.

Comment

• I think it's too early to making many proclamations about the out of state guys for the most part. Once officials start shaking out, we'll know more. Last year at this time, almost no one thought we were getting Asiasi, Crawford, Eubanks, etc. Put a good season together and alot can still happen.

Comment

• Exactly, M will lose some recruits we thought were in the bag but will add some blue chippers who might not even be on the coaches radar.

Comment

• Man, I thought Singleton was a lock! Then again, I wondered why he wasn't already in the fold.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                              X